8 Responses to “Vince Guaraldi Trio: "My Little Drum," from "A Charlie Brown Christmas"”

1. welcomeabored says:

Still my favorite.  We listened to it a few nights ago with a fire in the fireplace.  Very cozy.

2. Gyrofrog says:

It warms my heart that, year after year, Vince Guaraldi – that is, some jazz – gets some radio airplay, other than on the left side of the dial at the lower FM frequencies.

3. all of that music is so ridiculously bittersweet to me. I can’t hear any of it without tearing up like a kid.

4. Paul Renault says:

What I don’t understand is that there are people who will blithely says that they don’t ‘understand’ jazz.  What’s to understand?  Just listen!

Vince Guaraldi was a genius.  He died much too young.

5. jimh says:

My all-time favorite Christmas album. “O Tannenbaum” is especially good. Has a very cocktail party “jump” feeling.

6. Paul Hammond says:

Just in case you guys are interested, Jerry Granelli, who played drums on that record, and is an incredible, weirdo, experimental percussionist.. put out a new, super wild solo drum record a few years ago on art/noise label Divorce Records. It’s really really something, I was lucky enough to be there for the recording of it (all live, with just a few overdubs) and got to do the art for the record. (Heck, may as well get that in there if I can!) He’s a really interesting, strange, and eclectic man. Halifax is lucky to have him.

Love that man. Love the Vince Guaraldi Trio. Best Christmas soundtrack ever.

7. Syn - says:

oof, what a fantastic album. If any amateur (or not) piano players are around, and wants to play this for friends and family; i believe i have a pdf version of the sheet booklet for it laying around somewhere. If you want it, just look for me at pianofiles. I’m Syn_!

8. Gulliver says:

Xeni, you and BoingBoing and my local publicly-supported classical station are making it difficulty to get my Grinch on. I blame you all for implanting the memetic virus of Holiday Cheer (and not the fermented kind).