Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Rick Rubin Goes To College, Too $hort

By Ed Piskor at 8:00 am Tue, Dec 25, 2012

Read the rest of the Hip Hop Family Tree comics!

Read the rest of the Hip Hop Family Tree comics!

Published 8:00 am Tue, Dec 25, 2012

About the Author

Hip Hop Family Tree is in stores. Hip Hop Family Tree book 2 is now on Amazon!
Coming soon: The Hip Hop Family Tree Box Set

18 Responses to “Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Rick Rubin Goes To College, Too $hort”

1. tickticktick says:

I keep dipping into this and it’s great, but I can’t wait to buy all of these in book form.

2. mikei says:

Getting this today is my favourite Christmas present.  “Henry…” is gold.

3. CliffordS says:

A lot of people don’t remember this but Arthur Googy who played drums for the Misfits had a short rap career in the 80s after he left Antidote.

• noah django says:

Dee Dee Ramone did the same thing, but I think it was late 80s/early 90s.  Called himself Dee Dee King:  it sucked.  How was Googy?

4. BarBarSeven says:

So Rick Rubin is being portrayed as an interloper?

5. noah django says:

the Misfits panel is dope; although, despite billions of listens, I’ll admit I’m not hip to the “Henry” reference.  I caught the Alice Cooper, though.  the coke pinkie on Dolomite was a nice touch.  This comic is officially my christmas present this year.  L’Chaim, Ed.

• Halloween_Jack says:

See above WRT Rollins and Danzig. IIRC, Henry mentions Danzig favorably in Get In the Van (although the Wikipedia article doesn’t mention Danzig at all); Danzig was in the Misfits about the time (not exactly, but there’s some overlap) as Rollins was in Black Flag, and in fact Rollins was the first person that Danzig told about his plans to quit the Misfits. Rollins also knows Danzig well enough to tell someone that WRT Henry and Glenn Forever, Glenn really doesn’t have much of a sense of humor about things like that. (Danzig would later on voice his own vociferous opinion about H&GF, which that comic’s creators duly turned into a poster.)

6. oldtaku says:

Love the crowds givin’ Rubin the stinkeye. No text required!

7. I know it’s not very internet to say this, but I’d love to have this bound on newsprint when it’s finished.

8. Ed Piskor says:

We’re working hard on it. There should be a book around September. And, of course, all the strips will still be here online too.

9. phuzz says: