Einstein audio

11 Responses to “Einstein audio”

1. Mitchell Glaser says:

I want to hear Einstein read Jabberwocky to the Dalai Lama.

2. Jean Baptiste says:

Albert Einstein restrung my mom’s tennis racket for her, I’m assuming sometime in the late 40s or early 50s.  My dad was in the process of becoming a chemical engineer, attending an engineering school/college/whatever in Indiana somewhere and he dragged my mom to a lecture Einstein was giving.  Mom had just come from playing tennis, and Einstein fixed her racket for her.  Allegedly true story.

3. eldritch says:

Well damn. For some reason it never occured to me that we have audio recordings of the man. It’s absurdly obvious in retrospect, but I still can’t help being amazed at just how accurately others have immitated his voice in film and television. (And now listening again, Ludwig Von Drake is almost a perfect match, just slightly higher in tonality.)

• Griffon says:

“And now listening again, Ludwig Von Drake is almost a perfect match, just slightly higher in tonality.”

I though exactly the same thing about his voice.

4. Aaron Hardin says:

From the “I’m an American” clip:

Interviewer: “I have often wondered why it was that leaders in science and culture had so little influence on the course of political events.  What is your opinion in that matter?”

Einstein: “I think it is quite undefendable. Scientists and artists, though their works frequently have had enduring influence,even in the realm of politics, but in order to influence the cause of political events directly, one must have the gift to influence people and their actions directly. This is rather a matter of arousing and using emotion and personal confidence than of clear understanding of causal connection. For this reason, intellectuals have little chance to impress an audience.  Also, they usually do not have the gift to make decisions swiftly.”

We need more scientists with arousing personal confidence!

5. aperturehead says:

Counter-culture clown WAVY GRAVY has a couple of good stories about taking childhood walks around his neighborhood with Einstein.

According to WAVY -

“He (Einstein) had a peculiar smell,”

“I can’t wait for the day when I can tell someone,
    ‘Hey, you smell like Albert Einstein.’ “

6. Petzl says:

Say what you will about the man, he knew from quality footwear.

7.  …and he never paid retail! only suckers pay retail.