Liner notes text, animated and set to music

7 Responses to “Liner notes text, animated and set to music”

1. numfar says:

That’s a great idea! I would love for them to do this with Camille de Saint-Saëns’ Danse Macabre.

• Simon Turcotte-Langevin says:

I was telling myself the same thing when I saw this.

There is definitely a lot of potential in Danse Macabre, as it was based on a poem to begin with.

2. Roose_Bolton says:

Yep, a fantastic idea, what the internet was built for.

3. I know “Orchestra” is in the name, but I would love to see this done for The Protomen albums.  Their liner notes contain narrative elements during the instrumental sections of the songs.

4. noah django says:

so much win.  perfect.  everything’s just perfect.

5. Paul Renault says:

In Vivaldi’s Winter, I interpreted the music’s imagery quite differently.  Say, where Mudlark hears teeth chattering, I heard a horse and sleigh off in the distance, veiled by sleet and wind or barren, snow-covered barren landscape.  (Or maybe even people skating.)

Yes, I realize that, as a Northerner, my Idea of Winter is different than that of a, dare I say it, frileux Mediteranean priest whose experience of Winter is from Mantua, Italy rather than that experience by the resident(s) of Mantua, NS.  Who(which) would have a more intimate and personal relationship with snow and ice.  Glen Gould had much to say about the Idea of North.

Compare and contrast Vivaldi’s Spring with Copeland’s Appalachian Spring.  Copeland’s is, at places, much more serene than Vivaldi, and at other places much, much wilder and violent.  Copeland’s Spring resonates much more with me.  But that’s just my opinion…

6. wanderingwayfarer says:

Positively wonderful.  Thank you for sharing.  It is a nifty freeware version of something like the iTunes app “The Orchestra.”