Read more in Music at Boing Boing

I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.

9 Responses to “New MC Frontalot song and video: Nerd Life”

1. signsofrain says:

Cool video, catchy song, lyrics… ehhh. I was hoping for a bit more meat. Can’t wait for Front’s next album. Solved and Zero Day were both great albums, almost made me forget about the disc-o-fail that was Final Boss. (My opinions are my own YMMV)

2. Cowicide says:

flat/small/fashionable

flat/small/fashionable/practical/ergonomic (if, you know, you actually ever use one longer than 10 secs)

• phuzz says:

I think that depends on the shape of your hands, I find them bloody excruciating after half an hour or so.
      Each to their own.  I prefer a bog standard dell cheapy myself, lots of key travel.

• ocker3 says:

I find it restrictive to use even a laptop with a full size keyboard, perhaps because I learned to type on a typewriter with a flip-book typing tutor, or because I have large hands. I Really prefer a split ergonomic keyboard!

3. jayson says:

I love the banana sticker on the monitor – I wonder if it’s a subtle tribute to Bloom County and the Banana Jr 6000?

4. Grahamers2002 says:

Big time fan for ages.  This one didn’t get me excited.  However I do like the line “I am lead dev on rockin’ the mic.”

5. Austin Zaletel says:

I wish I liked Frontalot.  I just can’t get into his flow, despite the fact that I get and am into what he raps about.  Seems a little to sterile for me.  Maybe that is nerd life and I’m not getting it.

6. jennybean42 says:

Same here. Exactly the same thought, actually.