20 Responses to “Indonesia: Social media outrage after aspiring judge says rape victims "enjoy it"”

1. angusm says:

The Republican Party evidently has branches overseas.

2. Snig says:

Christ, what an asshole.

3. Mordicai says:

Yes, “irregularities.”  So irregular that a week can’t go by without a political figure being busted for flagrant misogyny in the face of rape.  So…if that is what politicians are saying about worst case scenarios…how do you think the rest of the culture is?  Here and abroad?

The sad fact is that this is utterly, horrifyingly REGULAR.

4. robcat2075 says:

He may be right. Perhaps he should submit to a very long, very hard test of that assertion

5. Roose_Bolton says:

This story makes no sense. Are you trying to tell me that giant piles of excrement are seriously considered as candidates for Indonesia’s supreme court?

6. UncaScrooge says:

It occurs to me that if this judge were to be forcibly injected with heroin from a dirty needle, he would “enjoy” it. Next argument, please.

7. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

I’m sure there are people in prison willing to help him personally test his theory.

8. Nword says:

The whole rape victims have orgasms confusion strikes again.

I’m not trolling (please read up on it, it came as a surprise to me too), an orgasm doesn’t mean that the woman enjoyed it, in fact it often makes the trauma worse.. as they feel betrayed by their bodies.

• Andrew Singleton says:

Also one of the reasons why it’s asserted men cannot be raped.

*sigh* when will people learn it isn’t about the physical act so much as being violated in deeply personal ways.

• Shane Simmons says:

My mom used to be a secretary at a legal firm specializing in helping people who couldn’t afford it. One lawyer took on a case, a case of a male with Downs being raped by a woman. They all, including the lawyer, apparently literally laughed at the “absurdity” of the case, because he’d had an erection, and had ejaculated…

• Andrew Singleton says:

Given the guy wouldn’t have been legally capable of consenting then it would have to be treated the same as sexual acts against a minor wouldn’t it?

• robcat2075 says:

I don’t think people are automatically, legally incompetent just because they have Down’s syndrome, which can span a wide range of ability.  I think any adult would have to be found so in a hearing.

9. flickerKuu says:

I don’t think a lot of these guys REALLY understand what rape is. Perhaps they should be shown an example first hand?

10. Petzl says:

SANTORUM / SANUSI  2016

11. shouldn’t this just be referred to as community outrage… is the tech used to express it important?