Behold: the stupid face I will make in the 3D scanner

19 Responses to “Behold: the stupid face I will make in the 3D scanner”

1. semiotix says:

I say this in all seriousness: that’s a fairly compelling face on you.

Good work, internets.

2. BDiamond says:

Like Scalzi said, suck in those cheeks. You need more pucker. And it would help if you could make the pucker to one side, instead of straight on. I realize you’re practicing. You’ll get there. (Laughing my ass off at this whole thing. Such entertainment!)

3. Cory, I’ve found that if I think about looking to the right while crossing my eyes, then I can do that cartoonish-post-concussion look with my eyes that he’s doing. Good luck. Can’t wait to make a giant rapper-gold chain out of your face.

4. s2redux says:

Alternate title for “Snide Fish”:

“Death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth!”

5. haineux says:

One of BoingBoing’s finest moments. No, seriously. I think BoingBoing should be MUCH MORE about stupid mutant pop culture tricks, and this put a smile on my face which is going to take a while to wear off. Thanks!

6. Antinous / Moderator says:

Looks more like bemused rabbit.

7. shutz says:

Cory, your attempt reminded me more of this face by Arnold Rimmer from the recent return of Red Dwarf.

Which, I guess, puts you in good company.

8. pjcamp says:

No, no, no, you’re channeling chipmunk there.

Alvin, if I’m not mistaken.

More pucker, less buck teeth.

9. robuluz says:

You’ve got it all wrong, but it is pleasing none the less. So win – win!

10. You need to re-watch Airplane, and try to channel the girl with the IV.

11. SedanChair says:

Keep trying for “snide fish.”

So far you’ve only managed to achieve “confused deputy sheriff”

12. mr_bloo_sky says:

You are a better man than I am for even making the attempt. :)

Having said that, while I admire your attempt, I have to agree with some of the others that you haven’t quite got it. Not surprising, since this, in my opinion, was, by far, the most challenging of the options.

13. BillStewart2012 says:

You’ve got kind of a Three Stooges vibe going there – nyuk nyuk nyuk!

14. ImmutableMichael says:

Nice eye work there, but a little more twist in the tongue will just nail that sucker! (From a family that values extreme face-making)

15. Dan Hibiki says:

I expect an OBJ file and a nice 4k texture.

16. good vibes says:

Damn, I just tried pulling that face, it’s pretty hard! More pucker, Cory!

Also, how many people in here are sitting in front of their computer pulling silly faces?

17. Tavie says:

When you do it, you look like a Don Bluth character, Cory. I call that a win.

18. I couldn’t wait to get to the comments section and read all the advice for doing the face.