Nuclear power plant produced snow in Pennsylvania

10 Responses to “Nuclear power plant produced snow in Pennsylvania”

1. PhosPhorious says:

Global Warming Denialism in 3. . .  2. . .

2. Lobster says:

Ermagerd fallout

3. Carlos Navia says:

erm, how does this have to do with global warming? the cold air interacted with hot steam from the reactor, and there was snow. unless you imply the extreme coldness of the air was caused by global warming, in which case you might be right.

• PhosPhorious says:

No, I was thinking more like “See, industry causes snow not warming.  This proves Al Gore is a hypocrite. . . ” and on and on in such manner.

I said “Global Warming Denialism” not “Sober assessment of the facts.”  Every patch of snow is proof of the hoax, if you’ve drank the Kool-aid.

4. Twenty years ago(!) I had a second story office in a warehouse that housed a glassware decorating company. My little 110 ft^2 office had a window AC big enough for ten times that space, and there were four commercial ceramics kilns almost directly below. When those kilns had been going for a few hours in the Hawai’an summer, stepping out onto my staircase was quite shocking. I used to joke about being able to get some precipitation going at the top of my stairs, but it never quite happened. Definitely seemed close to happening a couple times, though.

5. ssam says:

I imagine the same would happen at any power station (or other industry) that uses steam turbines.

The prevailing winds often mean the column of steam from Fiddlers Ferry coal power plant points towards Manchester. we joke that it is why we have some much cloud and rain here.

6. Don McNeil says:

No different than the old trick of throwing a pot of boiling water up in the air on very cold day. My kids love that.

7. efergus3 says:

We used to get some small clouds and drizzle once in a while in the VAB when I worked out at KSC.

8. Max says:

Now all we need is a schmuck to convince people this “nuclear snow” must obviously be radioactive and hazardous to health …

9. EichaelThe0ne says:

Strange fogs rolled in here in Oregon on Saturday and Sunday. Whatever that was must have made its way there, along with the cold from last night and today.