Urinal mint-scented soap

18 Responses to “Urinal mint-scented soap”

1. I think these belong on the ‘fun for 2 seconds’ list. The kind of gifts that stop giving immediately.

2. Roose_Bolton says:

Why would someone want their hands to smell like they’d been handling urinal pucks? Oh world, you vex me so.

3. rvmiller89 says:

Paradichlorobenzene

4. obscurica says:

I believe the soap is commonplace at Dutch music festivals, a fact this poor uninformed local girl just wasn’t aware of.

5. Dan Hibiki says:

Now I’m intrigued. What does a republican smell like?
    Being as I’m from one of the other civilized countries, I have no idea, but if I was to guess i’d say: sweaty business suit

6. robcat2075 says:

Is Spencer’s still in business?

7. There are companies that make all kind of crazy scents. My wife is a local soapmaker and she did a special Democrat soap that sold at the local airport gift shops when the convention was in nearby Charlotte.
    Also, the crazier the name-the better the soap sells. We had a nag champa soap that did okay but it took off when we changed the name to “Dirty Hippie.”

8. welcomeabored says:

Cash-scented soap? Oh, move over Irish Spring!

‘Made for a man’s hands, but women like it too.’

9. Perfect for when you’re taking that golden shower.

10. saint_al says:

Could Urinal Mint candy be coming soon? A cologne? A sachet for your closet? This is idea time, folks.

• Doc_S says:

There’s already potentially a urinal-puck smelling cologne. It’s called Lilac Vegetal, by Pinaud. Called “The Veg” by those hip to its charms, you either think it’s a keen green-lilac-floral smelling thing, or you think it smells like a bar toilet after a busy night. Hmmm – might be time to go splash some on.

11. ocschwar says:

Wow. Fills a much needed gap.

12. Gyrofrog says:

Seems like an even better deterrent than washing one’s mouth out with the usual soaps.

13. ldobe says:

I don’t know about anyone else here, but the smell of urinal pucks always trigger migraines for me….

Actually, my migraine triggers are almost all smells.  Grape (especially artificial, but not fresh real grapes.), rubber cement, formaldehyde, gasoline.  Not the fumes but just getting a whiff of the smells.  Any strong perfume or cologne is likely to set off a migraine as well (especially plugin air fresheners).

This kind of product would be a nightmare for me if it were widespread.

14. Preston Sturges says:

Joke:

Two guys are pissing in the urinals when one gets a text message.  Fumbling for his phone, he drops a quarter into the urinal. Grumbling to himself, he zips up, takes $5 out of his wallet and flings the money into the urinal.

His friend says “What did you do that for?”

To which the man replies “Well I wasn’t going to reach in there for a quarter!”

15. They managed to gender soap?