Vine launches, Twitter and Facebook clash over access, users lose

11 Responses to “Vine launches, Twitter and Facebook clash over access, users lose”

1. cbpxy says:

And how do I stop that 6-second clip on the web page from playing over and over and over and over and over?  With gifs, a quick tap on the escape key would give my distracted eyes a rest.  With this?

2. SamSam says:

What’s stopping someone from creating simple animated-gif visualizers in regular Twitter clients, so that if someone links to some cute cat gif it will display them under the message, just like the Vine thing above is doing?

What’s stopping all the Twitter clients, together, from doing that?

Is it just that they wouldn’t display in in the official Twitter.com feed, so if viewing from there you’d have to click on the link?

3. MrBrownThumb says:

I’m #TeamTwitter all the way. I’m so sick of going on Twitter and reading snippets of Facebook statuses, or links to photo galleries on Facebook. If I want to read what someone posted on Facebook, I’ll go to Facebook. Twitter needs to do something to stem this tide, or else it will just be a place where Facebook users just dump links to Facebook and Instagram.

Keep Twitter Twitter.

• franko says:

hear hear.

• mrgoldenbrown says:

It would be great if Twitter reversed their policy of hating on third party clients.  I’m sure someone out there would love to give you a filter that gets rid of facebooky posts, but they’re afraid to violate Twitter’s new rules.  Alternatively, you could unfollow the people that post stuff you don’t like :)

4. bcsizemo says:

If Facebook allowed animooted gifs it’d be like 4Chan for “adults”….

5. SedanChair says:

but proprietary

For developers, this should be the etiquette equivalent of taking a fat shit in the middle of a ballroom.

6. Jeremy Wilson says:

I think Keek does a better job of doing actual social video.  Vine is just gifboom jazzed up a bit.