North Korea's other imminent launch: a new website

7 Responses to “North Korea's other imminent launch: a new website”

1. UnderachievingSheep says:

I remember the day I found the website of the North Korean News Agency (apparently hosted in Japan). I spent hours reading the press releases because I was baffled by the language they use. It’s not just that it is propaganda, it’s the way they use the language of bureaucracy to convey what they believe to be a tone of news agencies. The cognitive dissonance was simultaneously amusing and scary, mostly because since then I wondered if we (meaning those who live in democratic nations), are exposed to similar tripe but no longer notice it because the tone of the propaganda is more in line with our culturally expected language.

And then, imagine how my head exploded when I found out there is an entire sub Reddit devoted to these “news” items. I still cannot figure out if someone is posting these “ironically” or if the regime really has someone whose job is to post these outlandish articles on Reddit.

2. naufragio says:

GNU’s Not Unity.

3. . says:

I wonder how long it will take for that site to get owned.

4. thezarray says:

I can’t get to youtube rightnow but theres a NK channel that I’m rather sure is official but it’s always hard to tell.

5. citizen says:

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Korea, is in fact, GNU/Korea, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus korea. Korea is not a nation state unto itself, but rather a geopolitical component of a fully functioning GNU nation made useful by the GNU culture, ideals and vital social components comprising a full Juche as defined by the Great Leader.

6. niktemadur says:

This is the other North Korean website:

Has about as much content and as many updates as the other NK sites.  Or is it site?  I’ve kinda lost track.