I'm coming to YOUR town* in February!

31 Responses to “I'm coming to YOUR town* in February!”

1. vonbobo says:

Cool, see you in Lawrence!!

Let us know when the date and place is set?

2. Francis Delaney says:

Boston!

Brookline Booksmith?

3. lysdexia says:

Who do I gotta ! to get you to Cincinnati?

4. brucearthurs says:

Marked calendar for the Tempe date.  (Changing Hands!  Great bookstore!)

5. When will you be in Lawrence – it wasn’t listed on the publisher site. Thanks!

• Cory Doctorow says:

Here’s the details (they’ll go up later):

“The Coming War on General Purpose Computing: every single political issue will end up rehashing the stupid Internet copyright fight”

Cory Doctorow

Richard W. Gunn Memorial Lecture
      Thursday, February 28, 7:30pm
      Kansas Union’s Alderson Auditorium

6. davegroff says:

Toronto?

7. Greg Webster says:

No, you are not. I live in Quesnel, BC. You are not going to be anywhere near here.

/Dwight

8. Felton / Moderator says:

See you in Decatur!

9. Matt Grimm says:

God, why do all the good authors have to read in Beavertronn?  Powell’s downtown is where it’s at….

10. signsofrain says:

Damnit Cory stop dissing Montreal!

11. athene8 says:

Have already pre-purchased book//tickets for Tempe. My daughter and I are quite anxious to meet you in person.

12. vetnoir says:

SO jazzed that you are finally coming to AZ!

13. Sadly, can’t make it to Oxford or Decatur, but if you pass through Birmingham, I (or other Birminghamians) would happily provide info on the best grub.

14. Dana Curran says:

Super bummed that I will be stuck at work while you’re in NYC.  I’m a huge fan, and can’t wait to read Homeland!

15. I’d have more chance catching you at the airport. No UK tour?

16. RayCornwall says:

What, did Philly spit in your cheesesteak or something?

OK, we did probably spit in your cheesesteak…

• Cory Doctorow says:

Minimizing snowy stops this tour — because I’m in a new city every day, and one snow delay would be a massive screwup.

17. two events in austin … i see only one.
    horray! hopefully i can bring my copy of ‘little brother’ that was on loan the last time you i saw you for ‘ftw’. hope they won’t mind that i couldn’t wait and had to get a copy post haste.

18. Cory, if you come to SLC and call it the “southwest” people will not be impressed.  The region is known as the “mountain west” or more specifically “the Wasatch front”.

In any case you’ll love The Leonardo.  I hope you get a chance to explore the museum.

19. Bloo says:

It would be great if you made it to Tallahassee – we have Nebula-nominated (in 2009) Jeff Vandermeer you could chum around with, other respected writers (Pulitzer winners, Godfather-series-continuers, award-winning children’s book authors, etc.) .  If you time it in late May or something like that, you could also add a Gulf beach vacation, slide down to DisneyWorld, etc.

20. Omar Kooheji says:

Do you ever do book tours in the UK? You live in London don’t you? I live in Glasgow but I’d probably go as far as Edinburgh to see you give a talk. They do a book festival every year as part of the fringe.