Danger

20 Responses to “Danger”

1. I would like to know the location of this lab and if the PI is hiring.

2. mappo says:

Odd that a science facility (I’m assuming) felt they shouldn’t take the lord’s name in vain.

3. euansmith says:

Lovely

4. Paolo Zago says:

This is funny, but in the end it’s also plain stupid, since there’s no joke when dealing with lasers and there are regulation regarding the signs you must show. If something bad happens in that lab I would not want to be the responsible for laser security…

• Kenmrph says:

Clearly you’ve never been shot with a laser, as it’s actually quite hilarious.

• wysinwyg says:

Fairly powerful lasers can put out your eye faster than you can blink.  They can be pretty dangerous.

Though I don’t think the sign is stupid.  A warning sign with a sense of humor is still a warning sign.

• Paolo Zago says:

I don’t agree, a “sign” is by definition a determined mix of text and graphics meant to mean something specific, there are different signs for different kind of laser risk for example, while a homemade laser risk sign doesn’t inform a visitor about a real risk. Imagine if a city decided to replace the stop sign with something “more funny”… it’s the same thing.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Some friends of mine set the recovery room on fire with a laser.  Fortunately, it was late at night and they were able to dispose of the curtains without anyone finding out.

• Ryan Lenethen says:

“laser security”

More lasers.

5. toobigtofail says:

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a laser is a good guy with a laser.

6. ptrourke says:

The company where I used to work had a similar sign on a laser lab (almost the same as the “big scary laser” sign posted herein): “DANG!!! Do not look into laser with remaining eye!” The same door also had the usual laser safety signs and all the OSHA requirements, too, but the DANG!! sign was the most effective one. Probably from the same store mentioned in this story: “http://www.universalhub.com/2012/winthrop-man-face-charge-allegedly-beaming-laser-h”

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Ah. The person whom he laser-assaulted is from my hometown. That explains everything. I wonder if he was convicted.

7. JG says:

Okay, so this was too sweet to pass up.  Reproduced the sign in OO Draw and PDF.