Excellent vintage German goods at BerlinerStrasse easy store

8 Responses to “Excellent vintage German goods at BerlinerStrasse easy store”

1. gwailo_joe says:

oooh price-y!  I’d suggest ‘poppin’ some tags’ at the local thrift mart if vintage tschotskes are your thing…but the design of some items are unique…

I covet the malaria poster, but I can grow my very own mosquitos for far less!

2. glittertrash says:

Bwahahaha! Those classroom charts are from the Flohmarkt opposite my house. I scored two botanical charts of moss and ferns for €25 together. I guess it was only a matter of time before some enterprising ex-pat whacked them on a US-style online store and jacked the price up x10.

• glittertrash says:

Original price x 10 is more expensive than jumping a plane from London to visit the Flohmarkts yourself, but less expensive than doing so from the USA, I suppose.

• glittertrash says:

…and considering that it is fairly well known that heaps of the stuff at the Flohmarkts comes from Poland, where it’s bought for 1/10th of the price it’s re-sold here for, I suppose this is just the next logical step on the enterprising flea market ladder.

3. Oh man, They used to give away the elephant piggy banks at my local bank to their young customers, I collected at least a dozen of them…..damned!

4. Felicitas says:

Dear me, I am from germany, and live actually in Berlin. And these prices are totally over the top. Yes, flights from the US might be more expensive than ordering, but it would be certainly more fun to dig up the stuff yourself and pay a sensible amount of money.
    And it makes me kinda angry that somebody actually gets rich by selling stuff like the christmastree stand you can buy here at the local Baumarkt for a few euros (which is not the most expensive, but the most ridiculous item in the shop).

5. igzabier says:

maybe I spammed by mentioning my friend’s design shop in Holland, but it was a relevant complEment to this piece, so I don’t know why my comment would have been removed.
    Design is a pricey thing, and this stuff is hip.

so I want to feel free to mention that I like this shop