33 Responses to “It's Carnaval in Brazil! Let Arnold Schwarzenegger explain it to you.”

1. niktemadur says:

I remember a review of this, a long time ago:  “Arnold makes a blithering fool of himself leering at Brazilian revelers”.

2. PhosPhorious says:

Arnold likes asses?  No wonder he’s a republican.  The party is full of them.

3. Ian McLoud says:

If you’re looking for something to deride Arnold over, I think you can do better than a video from ~30+ years ago.

I take this post as simply a bizarre and fascinating video from deep in the archives.

• marilove says:

And what gave you the impression anyone was trying to “deride” anyone? *scratches head*

Sometimes I honestly think people add tone and context to stuff that actually isn’t t here, just so they can find something to complain about….

• Ian McLoud says:

I was responding to the first commenter “Arnold makes a blithering fool of himself leering at Brazilian revelers.”

My comment, I thought, was clear in appreciating the content (and the decision to post it) as simply “bizarre and fascinating”… which I don’t think of as “complaining”…

• marilove says:

You know, had you replied to the person you were actually replying to, instead of just leaving a general comment, which I assumed to be directed at the actual post since you didn’t actually, you know, reply to anyone — perhaps then I would have had a CHANCE to determine your tone and the context of your reply. Since you did not…

Also, what, you don’t think Arnold is being a blithering fool in this video? Or, like, ALWAYS? Seems the guy you didn’t actually reply to was just stating fact. Arnold doesn’t need help looking like a fool, I promise you!

• C W says:

“You know, sometimes I honestly think people add tone and context to stuff that actually isn’t there, just so they can find something to complain about…”

You do realize you’re whining about other people whining so much, right? If it bothers you so much, find something better to do.

4. Preston Sturges says:

He would have made the perfect wingman for Henry Kissinger.

5. chellberty says:

Schwarzenegger, he’s an assman.

6. I’ve watched this before, it seems to me that being a celeb in the 80s was a lot cooler than being a celeb now.

7. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

I think this was the first draft for his acceptance speech for CA governor.

8. Sekino says:

Is it me or the lady was kinda WTF when he started fidgeting with her drink?

9. Preston Sturges says:

Maria Shriver has to kick herself every time she thinks of this.  It’s not like you weren’t warned, girlfriend.

10. Ed Ligget. Tuba. says:

Handsy motherf@#%er.

11. Ian McLoud says:

Bleg

12. didiu rio branco says:

“I like Bunda!”
    kkk

13. didiu rio branco says:

he is a smart dude

14. zombiebob says:

I am american who agrees with the brazilian point of view.

15. zombiebob says:

He really is a cheesedick mofo. That while amorrr and biting thing gave me the douche chills

16. jocabo says:

There is (or was) a radio show here in New Zealand on 95.0 bFM called ‘Carnival in Rio’ that uses audio excerpts of Arnold from that video.  Cracks me up every time I hear it.  Not sure if those guys are still on however…   Nice to finally see the original source of that audio.