30 Responses to “Little girl hears Bad Brains for the first time”

1. oasisob1 says:

That audio setup needs a set of Ultramix LD7-00 Quaffing Metaconnects. According to the review on BB, the strikingly unpretentious design isn’t just a bottling trick; the mushroom hints are designed to direct accurate fidelity. Placed carefully around the listening room, the effects will be immediately apparent: crusty, linalool bottoms and farmyardy treble regions rounded off with an earthy coloration that unveils the LD7-00′s jammy, cheesy palate. Classic undercurrents of blackcurrant end the tune.

2. toobigtofail says:

Dude…     Move. The. Guitar.

Just sayin’….

3. Tinkerbell does not approve…

• knoxblox says:

LOL. I distinctly remember my mom forbidding me to play my Disney 45′s on 78 rpm around 1971 because I was dancing and stomping around like that. Rebelliousness is infectious, no matter who you’re listening to.

4. Ian Wood says:

I first encountered Bad Brains in someone’s living room in Washington DC, where they were playing a house concert. Small space. Loud space. No children, slamming or otherwise. My friends and I were there awaiting the delivering of some “Chocolate Monkey Balls,” a smokable which proved to be as mythical as its name and never arrived. Later that night we went to a dive called DC Space, and then spilled out onto the street with everyone else when someone used their mace in the club. (Within a few days, there were t-shirts: I Got Maced At DC Space. I didn’t get one.) So I associate Bad Brains with crowded living rooms, jonesing, and upper respiratory distress.

5. Stefan Jones says:

PFFFFfffftt!

Amateur.

There was a guitar RIGHT THERE that she didn’t smash to pieces.

That has to be a test of some sort.

6. Gilbert Wham says:

This makes the world a better place. I can remember doing exactly this with my daughter to big A little a. Happy days.

7. kbmcg says:

Glad I caught her relaxing in her music nook.

8. “Turn it up a little.” Future shredder verified.

9. noah django says:

we went to shows and jumped around, trying to re-capture that purity

10. Roose_Bolton says:

Punk As F***.

11. Donald Petersen says:

That’s awesome.  My son started doing that to Mötorhead’s “Overkill” slightly before he could walk.  (The same enthusiasm, only clutching a coffee table for support.)

12. flappy says:

Did I read that right? Her name is Adreneline ?

13. creesto says:

I have the 70′s Punk box set, and I would take it on long road trips with my boys when they were between 3 and 11. They loved the music and once I had introduced it to them, every trip would bring out choruses of “Play the mean music, daddy!!”

14. Adorable. I love this. Little pogokiddo. So cute!

15. MonkeyBoy says:

>”How did she know how to slamdance like that, you may ask?”

Adult slamdancing is dancing like a 3 year old.

16. grimatongueworm says:

Ohhh..that guitar needs to be in a case!
     (Owner of a Martin D1 who’s neck went SNAP! when my then-toddler knocked it over whilst I had it leaning just like that)

17. bcsizemo says:

Plug in just about any musical genre into youtube and you’ll get kids dancing their brains out:

18. Stefan Jones says:

In a related experiment, Adeline’s twin sister, when exposed to a recording of the Polyphonic Spree, stuck knitting needles in her ears, just like a grow-up would!

19. agonist says:

I always wonder what kids with cool parent will rebel against when they are teenagers. I hate your dumb punk rock! Taylor Swift is where it’s at!!!!

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Hasn’t Cher made a couple of movies answering that question?

20. northierthanthou.com says:

Cute!

21. Jim Schmidt says:

Hey, that’s a fun song. Yes, it’s the first time I heard them. Guess I’ve got something new to mix into my turntable.fm rotation :)

22. Jerry Yrrej says:

the guitar….cant stop staring at  vulnerable ….fragile guitar….

23. Gyrofrog says:

I did the same thing when I saw the video for “This Ain’t No Picnic” on MTV (no, really! And this was before 120 Minutes). I was 15 but I guess I’d been pretty sheltered up to that point.