Scan of 1960s novelty catalog

17 Responses to “Scan of 1960s novelty catalog”

1. 10xor01 says:

Hello, is this World Wide Diamond Co.?  I’ll take one of everything please!

2. someone please explain what one expects to find when opening the ‘falsies’ box?

3. Christopher says:

Forget the donkey tie clip. How many people bought the “rear view mirror”?

On second thoughts I’m not sure I want to know.

4. The Venus Lighter is a great way to light someone’s exploding cigarette.

5. Nash Rambler says:

Junk, junk, junk. . .wait, pepper chewing gum?  That gag’s a classic!

6. If you street-view the address it appears to be a highway overpass now, but the neighboring buildings give a sense of the area.

7. elix says:

Why do the “babies” keep coming in threes? Strange idea of the nuclear family. Or maybe it’s different for animals.

8. Ambiguity says:

When I was a kid I had the severed finger, but I’m pretty sure it came from Johnson Smith. I wonder if World Wide Diamond had the same, high-quality foam-rubber digits.

9. blueelm says:

What I love about these are the old southern style magic formulas that are preserved and re-labeled here.

10. pjcamp says:

World Wide Diamond? I didn’t think there were any rungs on the ladder lower than Johnson Smith Company.

11. peter at eagle press. ridge says:

I love the nose razzer.  You can just get use one of those little reeds from the dollar store party  blowers, put it in your handkerchief and blow. I used one at a camping weekend years ago and had people convinced I could make that sound with my nose..  This is also in one of Sam Bartlett’s (a ver y talented musician) Stuntology trick books, along with saving up those pistachios that don’t open and then putting them out in a bowl at a party, or putting marbles in your medicine cabinet and when a nosy guest peeks to see what you have in your cabinet they come spilling out.  My favourite is during a long drive if you are the driver and the passenger is nodding off.. slowly lean over and ask if they would like to let you drive for a while.

12. peter at eagle press. ridge says:

Another fun trick is to take a banana and a pin. Take the pin, push it into banana and move it in a sideways motion and take out. Repeat this several times and you have sliced the banana into little slices without peeling it. Then give to an unsuspecting friend. As they peel the banana it will fall apart into little slices. And they will say hey.. just look at this…