Cat nest, on forest floor

15 Responses to “Cat nest, on forest floor”

1. Dlo Burns says:

Pretty kitty, but they should trap and neuter since they are an invasive species after all.

2. Andrea says:

Tabby seal point? With a typical cat expression. “What’re *you* lookin’ at?”

3. niktemadur says:

Oh yeah?  Well my warrior cat can beat up your warrior cat!
    Born on Yuri Gagarin Day 1999, still going strong.

• niktemadur says:

Not really, I take it back.  Once my Chilmoles came back from a horrible fight as a late night vet emergency.  The vet was very annoyed with the phone call, but when we met at his office, he got serious real quick, saw I wasn’t exaggerating.  Now my Chilmoles had Tender Loving Care plus antibiotics on his side, I still shudder to think what became of his poor opponent.

4. msbpodcast says:

Cats are carnivores, feral or barely domesticated, and responsible for the deaths of a billion opossum, birds, snakes, lizards, rats, mice etc. in the US alone every year.

They are furry killing machines. (I have owned several and the first thing I did with them was have them fixed.)

5. I’m hardly qualified to make a positive ID on the basis of a single photo, but it looks like the animal in the photo might be a flat-headed cat. If so, its not only not invasive, but indigenous to Singapore and an endangered species.

There’s a whole world out there of wild cats the size of housecats that are not housecats.

• $19428857 says:

Long time cat rescue volunteer here.That is a domestic cat, probably the a member of a managed feral colony. The give away is the clipped left ear tip. It is done so it can be identified as a neutered cat and will not be recaptured. http://lovemeow.com/2010/02/ear-tipping-feral-cats/ .

Flat headed cats don’t look anything like this one. They are very small (3 to 5 lbs). This cat is a big one, I’m guessing 12 to 15 lbs+. . Flat headed cats are solitary. This one lives in a group. Flat headed cats are nocturnal and  crepuscular (active at twilight) and this photo was taken during the day. Flat headed cats get their name from their low set ears that make the top of their head look flat. This cat has normal erect domestic cat ears. This cat looks like a lynx point Siamese http://www.dreamstime.com/siamese-lynx-point-cat-on-bathtub-thumb15660717.jpg (I have a lynx point Himalayan), and many feral cats in that area have the Siamese type pattern. And flat headed cats look like the cat in the hollow log http://wild-facts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/photo.jpg