Marco Rubio's dry mouth moments

Poland Spring should hire Senator Marco Rubio as their spokesperson. Here's the TV commercial.

26 Responses to “Marco Rubio's dry mouth moments”

1. Terry Carroll says:

Brilliant, and disturbing. I’m going to drink some water right now, then share this.

2. mtdna says:

So Marco Rubio has a drinking problem. Leave him ALONE!

3. Sigmund_Jung says:

Is it necessary to be a theist to be a republican? (I am asking as a foreigner)

•  Yes it is. The Republicans are a strange breed of theocracy with Neo-liberal corporate fascism that they call “Conservative” without being conservative.

• theophrastvs says:

hells bells “Sigmund Jung”! (if that is your name) it’s necessary for a republican not only to be a “theist” but a particular mythical sub-type of theist which is a weighted average of baptist, new-age baptist, and southern baptist. attend well this all revealing dialog from Pastor Emo Philips:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!”
      He said, “Nobody loves me.”I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”He said, “Yes.”I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”He said, “A Christian.”I said, “Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?”He said, “Protestant.”I said, “Me, too! What franchise?”He said, “Baptist.”I said, “Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”He said, “Northern Baptist.”I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.”I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?” He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.”I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.”I said, “Die, heretic!” And I pushed him over.

• max00 says:

It’s sort of like the Catholic Church.

• Jardine says:

It’s pretty much necessary to be a theist to get elected at all in the US.

•  It’s often necessary for a Republican to at least PRETEND to be a theist. They rely on support from conservative religious types even though some Republican leaders are known to think of them as the “lunatic fringe.” Interestingly, Republicans will promote the philosophy of Ayn Rand, a militant atheist whose teachings are incompatible with Christianity, and try to sell it as “God’s plan.” They’ve partly succeeded but it’s only a matter of time before it collapses on itself.

• This of course goes back to the Cold War, when we realized that we believed in freedom of religion, freedom for everybody, and didn’t believe in other people having undue power over others.  Someone realized this didn’t seem terribly different than Communist philosophy at its ideal core, realized we were trying to stop its spread, and that we’d have to bow to our business-owning overlords while singing Hallelujah to prove we weren’t Commies.

It makes sense if you remember all that stuff we did in the Cold War that didn’t make sense.

4. Hey look, if you smoked enough dope for the modern GOP platform to seem reasonable, you’d have some pretty monstrous cottonmouth, too.

5. Michael A says:

Possibly stoned?

6. katkins says:

What makes you think he’s not a Poland Spring spokesperson?

7. Andrew McKay says:

Hmmm, someone needs to remix this dry mouth video and the Palin breathing video together. :P
    It’s funny but disturbing in my head…. :P

8.  I remember some guys doing this in the early days of mp3 and calling it the language removal project. this is what I found googling it now: http://www.languageremoval.com/
    Many of the files sound like sexual mishaps.

9. surreality says:

I’m guessing he’s really nervous. Either way, I never though dry smacking sounds could sound so gross. I couldn’t get past the first few.

10. Antinous / Moderator says:

I used to think that he was kind of cute, but that really killed my boehner.

11. igzabier says:

If what goes in is Nestle’s toxic-dump-sourced waste, then what comes out must be..verborrhea.

12. That’s a very conservative bottle size.

13. stretchoutandwait says:

amphetamines people. Could be prescription…but probably not.

14. bill_mcgonigle says:

Yes, this is what should be discussed about the State of the Union and the responses to it…