The flags really make this sign

USA USA USA

38 Responses to “The flags really make this sign”

1. For security reasons. Always.

2. Kevin Pierce says:

The only blue on the sign is for the Canton (or Field) of the U.S. flag, so in addition to incurring additional cost of a two-color silk screening process, there is also the previously non-existent issue of registration (getting the two colors to line up relative to one-another). The decorative flags increase the cost of the sign, increase the likelihood of manufacturing error, and limit sale to the U.S. market.

• chgoliz says:

And if they’re going to pay all that extra money to represent the canton accurately, they should at least get the stars aligned correctly on that blue.

• L_Mariachi says:

I think limited-use signs like this are likely vinyl-cut rather than screen-printed. Still increases the cost for the same reasons though.

3. MrWednesday7 says:

There are times when I wish I lived in America so I could boycott assholes like this.

4. John T. says:

In America we have an old saying: “Get the hell out!”

5. xzzy says:

Because no terrorist would ever think to hide a bomb in a truck that’s being unloaded!

It’s been scientifically proven that only parked cars have bombs in them.

6. crummett says:

No Parking. It’s the American Way!

7. lknope says:

Dammit!  I wanted to do some inactive loading and unloading.

8. LinkMan says:

Someone should cover up “security reasons” with a sticker saying “science.”  Much better.

• Funk Daddy says:

If you think putting a sticker on a sign at an airport won’t get you tackled tazed trussed, or shot if you fail to respond to a command properly, eh you know it will, give that sticker to someone you don’t like at all.

Whoever put that swoosh on there probably has a sweet security certificate to show for it

9. saint_al says:

All the sign lacks is a graven image of Jesus on the cross. That, and an anti-drug slogan for the children.

10. Brett Kling says:

There is no doubt in my mind that the use if flags was intentional from either a subliminal message of “absolute compliance” AND/OR it’s a federal regulation.

11. If you want to creep yourself out, try recording every time you see an American flag throughout your average day.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

This is a couple of miles from me.  Five thousand of them.  Five fucking thousand.

• Richard Kirk says:

True. I can’t answer for the rest of the world , but it looks very odd to someone from the UK. I know of just one one house in the UK that flies a Union Flag from a flagpole. I don’t know them, it’s just a place we go past on the way to visit my mum, and it is so unusual that I remember it. It doesn’t automatically mean they are Protestant Loyalists or in the National Front, but I don’t fancy the cut of their jib.

12. Is the term “CUZ 9/11″ in the OED yet?

13. fnc says:

Better dead than parked and waiting!

14. JohnQPublic says:

I want the passive loading and unloading parking. Or at least the “lethargic and slothful loading and unloading”

15. Preston Sturges says:

“The white zone is for loading and unloading only.”

16. hinten says:

We even put on signs now the fact that terrorists have won.

17. FusionEnvy says:

no way to verify its’ legality, but…  / “just do it”/ /”U.S.A”/ … must be official.

18. Thorzdad says:

You see flags used all the time for this kind of thing. The implication being that, if you’re a real patriot, you’ll do as you’re told.

19. Should you need to wait for someone here, make sure that you have some packages, bags, or whatever in your vehicle. While you wait, simply actively load and unload them from your vehicle.

20. fr4nk says:

You took a picture at an airport?
    Have fun in the gulag.

21. prof_jellis says:

Personally, I think the flags _really_ tie the sign together.

(while the DHS abides)

22. mjd says:

“If you park here, the terrorists have won.”