Elfquest: Birth celebration

Enjoy the latest page of Elfquest. First time reader? Catch up at the comic's official homepage.

By Wendy and Richard Pini at 6:00 am Mon, Feb 18, 2013

The latest page of The Final Quest: Prologue is published online first for the first time here at Boing Boing. First time reader? You're a few issues behind.

Published 6:00 am Mon, Feb 18, 2013

About the Author

Conceived in the heat of creativity early 1977. Born in the throes of Ypsilantean adversity on February 28, 1978. Entering that long golden afternoon even now.

17 Responses to “Elfquest: Birth celebration”

1. That first panel is so lovely! I’m curious about the basket of whatzits in front of Skywise. Are they edible or purely decorative?

Also, Reef continues to be breathtaking in every panel he appears in.

2. I knew that she was going to be special! And now I want to see her held in her grandmother’s arms…

3. Nikki G says:

Dancing just like her grandmother!  How adorable!

4. David Miz says:

Yay, she’s a floater.  I wasn’t expecting that power to pop up.  I wonder how that power will work underwater.

• Francois Labarbarie says:

I thought the way Wavedancers move underwater was associated to gliding ? After all, moving either air or water under self to float sounds logical.

Korafay seems to be the one who will reunite all tribes somehow. She only misses a Go Back part, but it may be a blessing for her ;)

• David Miz says:

Some elves, like Surge and Winnowill, are able to magically manipulate water currents to “glide” underwater (or create “water-rams”), but I think the rest of the Wavedancers simply swim.  At least there’s been no indication that any of the rest of them have the water controlling ability.

I think Korafay is a floater, and she’s simply floating and splashing her feet on the surface of the water — in other words, she’s dancing on the waves.

• Sirius Ward says:

Go-Backs are like Skywise, remember? They were Wolfriders but a healer removed their wolf blood (Check the Kahvi mini-series), so technically, she’s got Go-Back in there too. ^_^

5. Tavie says:

DANCE, sexy grandma, DANCE! These panels are gorrrrgeous. That baby, my god, so beautiful.

6. capnmarrrrk says:

Skywise plays a mean fish bone. It reminds me of this scene from Caveman, but with more elegance http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=l7226RHt0fI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl7226RHt0fI

• Francois Labarbarie says:

Looks like it. So young and she is already a glider, amazing O.o

It reminds of Windkin whose flying power caused many worries to his parents. Scouter and Dewshine used to keep him on a lead to prevent him to fly away :D I wonder if Brill will have to do the same.

7. KaileyC says:

Awww!!!  Baby Korafay wants to dance with Grandma!

8. Kristin Hunt says:

Aww somehow I saw that and I thought Korafay must be thinking’ OOOH is this all for ME? OOOH pretty shiny thing! (and goes floating to her grandma) That’s just too cute.