Crows have fun on snow-covered car

34 Responses to “Crows have fun on snow-covered car”

1. hyph3n says:

I’m no neuroscientist, but it looks to me that the crows are mimicking human behavior. Rolling in the snow and using a tool to “shovel”? Is there a animal behavior reason they would be doing this?

2. Fantome_NR says:

Seems to me like whatever the most frolicky crow has in his beak could be some kind of crownip. But I can’t be 100% certain from these pixels.

3. arcduke says:

Some might recall another video that went around several months ago of a crow happily(?) sledding down a roof. Crows are rad.

4. John Deever says:

FWIW the caption reads “Stoned Crows.”

5. Nadreck says:

Hey! It’s Huginn and Muninn!  What a wacky pair!

6. OriGuy says:

Crow making snow angel at 0:40?

7. Alexandros says:

I love this one.
    Crows are some of my favorite creatures, Its always fun and interesting to watch them.

• bnschlz says:

We have a ‘pet’ crow that has practically lived in our backyard for the past 3 months. It sits on our kids’ sand-and-water play table all the time and … plays with stuff. Spinning the wheels, splashing in the water, all the while crowing to its mates to come and join in the fun! Sadly it doesn’t seem to have convinced anyone else yet.

8. -hms- says:

The full-screen recommendation was a good one. I got pretty immersed. great sound too. This reminded, in spirit, me of some great Canadian animation, quiet, playful, muted and beautiful. In the category for best incidentally beautiful and authentically spontaneous web short goes to…

9. Mathieu A. says:

I’m not sure he’s playing. He may be rolling down the windshield from lack of stability more than sheerful enjoyment. Throughout the video, he’s trying to eat a bit of food from his right claw, since for some reason, he seems to dislike eating it from the snowy ground.

• creesto says:

Maybe, but the way that the crow just lays on sideways on the snow…really unusual

• A Viescas says:

Except there’s no reason to be on the car on the first place, let alone close enough to the edge to roll; a crow who lost its balance would flap its wings to stabilize rather than roll; and finally the crow seems to repeat the act several times on purpose.

“Dust bath” may be a reasonable explanation for this behavior, but “just falling” probably isn’t.

10. Paul Dmytrewycz says:

Ah yes, the Moscow crows. We called them “mili-crows” when I lived there in the late 80′s because their gray/black coloring made them look like the uniforms of Soviet paramilitary police of the day. The story (as apocryphal as it may be) is that Moscow had a serious pigeon problem, pooping on the statues of Lenin & such, so they brought in these crows that apparently eat pigeon eggs. Now they have a crow problem.

And that’s… one to grow on.

11. Tom Ames says:

This video (along with the one of the cat’s first experience of snow and the baby elephant playing in the surf) validates the existence of the internet.

12. scruss says:

” … I’m afraid I was very, very drunk …”

13. adonai says:

Winter is coming.

14.  What make of car is that? I’m guessing Zastava, but I really don’t know…

15. fiatrn says:

BuddyB – It is a Lada sedan, the Russian version of a Fiat 124 Sedan.

16. ocker3 says:

WTF do they put in the water in Russia? It makes the animals act Really weird!

17. Camp Freddie says:

I am shocked and appalled that I am the first pedant to point out that these are not crows but jackdaws. They are too small to be crows, and jackdaws have  grey patches around their neck and breast, whereas crows are all-black.

Very cute though…

18. jhertzli says:

Crows just wanna have fun.