32 Responses to “After internet-fame, police investigating possible abuse of 9yo child rapper in sex/drug-filled videos”

1. Grahamers2002 says:

I got 99 problems, parents ain’t one of em.

2. Stephan says:

Children rap the darndest things …

3. upso says:

i was such a spaz when i was 9. good lord if i had access to cocaine at that age i would have lost my mind.

4. SamSam says:

I would imagine being called “Lil Poopy” ranks pretty high on the list of potential abuses…

5. Gerald Mander says:

Interesting that nobody did this when Chloe Grace Moretz played the foul-mouthed head stomper in Kick Ass.  Oh, wait, she was just acting, and Lil Poopy is fuh reelz….

6. the comments are the best part.

7. Bradley Robinson says:

I didn’t think I’d ever fondly reminisce about the days of Kris Kross.

Upon learning of Lil Poopy, I can safely say that I was mistaken.

8. Max says:

Hilarious.

Wait, this isn’t from The Onion ?

9. schlocktober says:

Damn, stole my stage name.

10. Philboyd Studge says:

Never fear, he’s really just a giant spider in a diaper and shower cap.

11. badbcky says:

Xeni, thank you for this article. I’ve idly wondered for a long time why, in a world where the legal working age is 14 in most states, the entertainment industry (and the kids’ parents) are getting away with putting their kids to work to make money for them.

I’m curious as to how it is different from sending them to work in a factory, besides the obvious answer of there being MUCH more profit in it.

I’m not saying they should ban all kids from working in the entertainment industry, ever, I’m just saying that when child star after child star dies or becomes a messed-up addict for life, I’m bewildered that we don’t examine the environments that involvement in the entertainment industry exposes them to a little more closely.

12. jarrodhenry says:

$7500 a show pays for a good college.

Do you really think all these rappers are doing hookers and blow?  Do you really think this kid is?  Okay, some of them do have the “thug life” thing, but a large number more of them are just using that as part of a stage act.

Come on.  Do you really think this kid is getting cocaine?

• Bradley Robinson says:

Would it surprise you if he was?  Or if his ‘stage act’ inspired one of his troubled fans?

• jarrodhenry says:

Honestly, yes.
        Just as it’d surprise me if people who blamed the Beatles for their drug use, or Truman Capote for becoming serial killers, or John Grisham for becoming a corrupt attorney, or any one else for “acting.”

The father says he’s acting.  The kid’s school says he’s a well adjusted fourth grader.  The kid’s friends say he’s a good kid.  The family has no history of drug abuse or alcohol or even police reports.
        Honestly, if this kid were white and were going on some TV sitcom , nobody would be raising this fuss.. and there ARE histories of THAT being abusive where even the directors would physically discipline the actors for messing up.

• James Penrose says:

“$7500 a show pays for a good college.  ”
      Assuming the kid is getting dollar one of it.