An inquest found mice responsible for burns found on a dead 55-year-old woman in England, but was unable to determine the exact cause of death. Though the rodents nibbled through cabling and started a fire, Linda Wyatt suffered no smoke inhalation and may therefore have already succumbed to other ailments. [Court News UK]

4 Responses to “Mice guilty of arson”

  1. surreality says:

    Douglas Adams warned us.

  2. Rodents start fires all the time. It’s nothing new. It’s one of the primary reasons people should keep rodents out of houses. They chew through anything that’s an obstruction to them passing through holes – plumbing, electrical wiring, you name it.

  3. avoision says:

    Made me think of “The Country,” by Billy Collins.

Leave a Reply