YouTube's Harlem Shake easter egg

Harlem Shake is a bit February 2013 and all, but here's one more snippet: a great YouTube easter-egg. Wait for it. (Thanks, Fipi Lele!)

14 Responses to “YouTube's Harlem Shake easter egg”

1. Ever since I saw this I’ve felt the harlem shake videos are some kind of nasty appropriation. I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGH2HEgWppc

• bcsizemo says:

Like with any popular dance when people can do it well (and combine it with other styles) it doesn’t look like some spastic person going out of their mind:

• blueelm says:

I can see how people would find it obnoxious, since it really has nothing to do with Harlem and nothing to do with the actual dance so has no reason to be called the “Harlem Shake” at all. But I don’t know if it can count as appropriation when people aren’t even remotely close to doing the dance. It’s more like people who don’t even know the dance exists doing whatever improvised moves they want to the song because they saw some other people dancing to it on YouTube.

• chgoliz says:

That video was included in the Chicago Reader’s article last week.  As you say: appropriation.

Who’s Really Doing the Harlem Shake

2. Red Monk says:

I think this one has reached saturation point.

3. Easter Egg? Wait for what? That’s just a link to a “Harlem Shake” Youtube search which everyone of us even remotely aware of the phenomenon has already done once or twice, and the top results are some of the less remarkable examples … so I don’t really get this post. I’m not even sure if there was anything to “get” in this post, sorry.

… now I’m left with that stupid feeling of not having understood the obvious joke — did I miss something?

EDIT:
    I did miss something. Doesn’t work in Opera. Did work in Chrome, and is actually not that bad.

4. McGreens says:

Does it count as an Easter Egg if you don’t have to look for it?

Pretty cool though, although I prefer the little animated PSY.

5. oasisob1 says:

No seriously, when does Fipi Lele get a BB Staff T-shirt?

6. Ema Ilic says:

There’s an interesting website for Harlem Shake videos, vi top lists, news, etc.. You can find it here: http://harlemshaketoplist.com/