Coffitivity: ambient "coffee shop" sound to plug into for enhanced creativity

12 Responses to “Coffitivity: ambient "coffee shop" sound to plug into for enhanced creativity”

1. Tom White says:

I’ve been using this for the past week, with music on top, and it’s been excellent. Somehow much more relaxing than music alone.

2. Antinous / Moderator says:

Coffi tivity makes me think of satin lining and brass handles.

3. Matt Painter says:

Great idea, however an actual, single ambient recording of a coffee shop may have been preferable. As it stands – it’s looped, I know it’s looped, I’m now looking out for the loops, and the more I hear the repeated “I shouldn’t!” in the mix, the more irritable I become.

Perhaps this is best for calmer folk.

4. Boundegar says:

You call that a coffee shop?  It sounds like a big gigantic cafeteria filled with 100 people, and an echo.  I demand small intimate coffee shop ambience!

5. Frank Diekman says:

I can’t wait for Coffitivity 2.0 – now with more annoying hipsters!

6. omems says:

Heh, I just watched the second episode of the show Black Mirror that gets mentioned here and this precisely the sort of Stuff Bing went on about.

7. bazzargh says:

I prefer http://rainymood.com – same idea. Ironically I usually stick on rainymood to block *out* the cafe noise.

Maybe I should try both at the same time.

8. class_enemy says:

Chatterblocker, which I have used on and off for the last few years, does much the same thing, but has many user selectable sound mixing options.  It’s an installable program. not a web app, and does cost $10.

9. MrJM says:

As I was listening to Coffitivity, the tab with the “Very bad ways to wake up” video started autoplaying.

I thought I had listened too long or something as it turned into the most unpleasant coffee shop ever.

10. Rishi Agrawal says:

bigger fan of soundrown.com. Multiple options to switch through, and has a mobile version