Dan sez, "The BBC have produced a radio play of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere with a host of great British actors. Sounds exactly like you want it to sound."

11 Responses to “Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere as a BBC radio play”

1. Snarf says:

This is so great! And with perfect timing: I just finished reading the book yesterday. Looking (hearing?) forward to this.

2. Boundegar says:

One of my very favorite books.

3. GawainLavers says:

They also produced a TV miniseries back in the ’90s that was perfectly fun.

4. technogeekagain says:

Alas, I can’t seem to determine how to  play the clips. Maybe they don’t work from outside the UK, maybe my Firefox setup is odd… gods know. (American Gods know?)

Still on tenterhooks waiting for the animation of _The_Price_ to be finished. I sent that one some Kickstarter bucks… it’s taken longer than expected, but the progress reports indicate it will definitely have been worth the wait.

(Side comment: What idiot thought touch panels on a laptop were a good thing? Especially when positioned centrally  where you can’t help but hit them occasionally with your palms?)

• Gilbert Wham says:

I’ve always found it incredibly hard to type at all on a laptop unless it’s actually in my lap. But yes. Trackpads. Boil my piss, they do.

5. Woody Smith says:

Unless I’m missing something, this is premature. The BBC site says NEVERWHERE will be in the form of six episodes, and the first will have its broadcast premiere a week from today, on Saturday March 16.  Nothing available until then but brief bits of hype for it.

On the plus side, one very tiny thumbnail pic suggests that one of the actors in the production MAY be Benedict Cumberbatch, aka Sherlock.  Hope so.