Photos of Google's Tel Aviv office

8 Responses to “Photos of Google's Tel Aviv office”

1. oasisob1 says:

It’s a workplace fantasy! One room leaned heavily on Restoration Hardware for furnishings and accessories. I’m not so sure about the rest.

2. artbyjcm says:

I want to live there.

3. Milton Pope says:

Whaaat! How did they get all that in eight floors of a building? The picture series is endless!

• Jonathan Roberts says:

A lot of those pictures are of the same areas – there are about five of the room with orange trees, four of the office cubicles, six or seven of the canteen, a few close up pictures that could be of the same places…

4. Antinous / Moderator says:

That first photo just makes me think:

Amanda Ripley-McClaren. Married name, I guess. Age: sixty-six…at time of death. Two years ago.

5. Jonathan Roberts says:

It’s a really clever recruitment idea to show off Google offices from around the world. I know many other companies provide many of the same amenities, but Google seems to have been one of the first to put its office spaces as front and center of the attraction of working there. Obviously a lot of people seeing these offices imagine going to the gym, playing snooker, having a snack and then settling down for a nap in a room with soft music, but having offices that make you want to stay there in your free time and mix with people from different departments are really going to maximise communication (while hopefully minimising meetings and thereby increasing morale and productivity). Working at Google has become the dream of many people, and not because of the money. I’m sure they are quite capable of weeding out the slackers, but having a nice place to work with a system that respects your talent and gives you creative freedom is going to pay off where you need to attract and keep creative talent. I just hope more companies can replicate more than just the cosmetic aspects of that. I guess respecting people’s creativity and talent at all would be a good start for some companies.

• Jonathan Roberts says:

The thing I’m worried about is that managers will actually take away the idea that making an office look cool might be a good way to get people to do extra work for free.

6. teapot says:

I would like to take some acid there but otherwise that office is fucking awful. It screams hipsterism and will date terribly.