Makies in Make:

10 Responses to “Makies in Make:”

1. John Fleming says:

Dunno, man.  It’s like Supermarionation meets Child’s Play.

2. aleta says:

Reminds me of the puppet master. Maybe consider sculpting a bit further past that uncanny valley and you might not traumatize children…or stay on the other shore of cuteness…Nice Cory! (Aletas son posted this)
    Go B9 creator!

3. aleta says:

There is a consumer level printer that can make solid strong and highly detailed prints. Its called the B9 Creator. Open Source.
    Ohhh…Cool stuff…I agree the looks are still early…I know there are many digital sculptors that could make those faces look even that more appealing. My munny is on a kinect based game that allows gamers to make dolls of themselves as their avatars? seems with kinect and facial scanning this will be happening sooner than later. kinect has potential…and will be met.
    To bridge the uncanny valley will require some actual sculpting I think too…Appeal should never be underrated and hiring artists shouldnt be either.
    (Aletas son also posted this)

4. synapselapse says:

Reminds me of the puppet in the music video for Interpol – Evil:

5. FiftyByFifty says:

Jesus God, these things are horrifying to look at. Were it not for the maker-y factor here I can readily imagine this being posted on Boing Boing as an object of repulsion.

• Anony Mouse says:

I don’t think it’s the Maker angle that gets these things posted here. Also not sure if they are awfully terrifying or terrifyingly awful. *Insert Fry squint*

• Jonathan Roberts says:

May I first complement you on your photo, which seems appropriate to your comment. I love the way that every time these dolls get a shoutout here, the “kill it with fire” comments vastly outnumber anything else.

6. E T says:

How do you recycle these?

7. skeptacally says:

Why don’t they wear pants?

WHY DON’T THEY WEAR PANTS?!?!?