HOWTO make homemade "Cadbury's Easter creme" eggs

24 Responses to “HOWTO make homemade "Cadbury's Easter creme" eggs”

1. bzishi says:

Oh, great! Now the health freaks are complaining about the added plutonium in our children’s candy? When will it end?

Btw, it looks delicious, even without plutonium.

2. Christopher says:

The cutaway looks less like a creme egg and more like a Scotch egg. I have tried making Scotch eggs at home, and, while successful, found it to be way too much work.

• RadioSilence says:

I get them from the butcher, they’re much better than the supermarket ones.
      Have you heard of Manchester Eggs? They’re the same as a Scotch Egg but with black pudding in place of the sausagemeat. I’ve never seen them but they sound delicious!

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Scotch eggs make me want to send money overseas so that children don’t have to eat that sort of thing.

• kraut says:

Bah humbug! Good scotch eggs are wonderful. Bad scotch eggs are, admittedly, moderately disgusting, but no more so than most British ready-made supermarket fare,

3. SumAnon says:

Drool-worthy

4. welcomeabored says:

I can only assume ‘Donald Petersen’ would approve of this recipe, although he has still managed to choke down the ‘pustulent’ Cadbury version (or so he says).

I have to avert my eyes from the plates of those who like their eggs sunnyside up. Blech!

• Donald Petersen says:

Looks too labor-intensive, though the ingredients list seems yummy enough.  If somebody went through the trouble to make one, I’d choke it down, pus and all.  Couldn’t really be any worse than the Cadbury one, could it?

Oh, and by the way, shitting Cthulhu is, by its very nature, most UNholy.

• Frank Lee Scarlett says:

Looks like the Platonic filling of an Oreo (powdered sugar and shortening, flavored with lovely natural essences), covered in chocolate. So a frosting egg covered in chocolate? Sure. Once a year. And it’s pretty.

5. jessicac says:

Wow. some people prefer not to ingest Plutonium and suddenly they’re labeled health freaks. Look up what it can do to your body/health and you may just change your mind… Unless you don’t care about your health, in which case, you can go enjoy your Plutonium eggs ;)

6. RadioSilence says:

Any Brits looking for a deal on Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, Home Bargains is selling 8 for a pound. I doubt you’ll find them cheaper than that.

7. The ratios are all wrong, that up there looks like it’d just taste of liquid sugar.

Also you can drop the ‘Easter’, it’s just a Creme Egg.

• kraut says:

They’re technically easter eggs. They appear in shops a few months before easter, and linger in petrol stations for a few months afterwards.

• Lies. You can buy them all year round. They just up the marketing at Easter 1000%.

• Sylvia says:

Maybe in the UK they are there year-round. Not so in the states. I was an expert in these things as a sugar-addicted child.

• Actually Wikipedia states:

“Creme eggs are available annually between January 1 and Easter Day.[4][5] In the 1980s Cadbury made Creme Eggs available year-round but sales dropped and they returned to seasonal availability.[6]”

So maybe I’m wrong. My guess would be that most places I’d pick them up would stock them all year round whether Cadbury wanted them to or not. It’s not like a dense sugar ball is going to go out of date over a period of weeks.

So officially they are an Easter (well, Q1 to be precise) product. But more importantly the word ‘Easter’ is in no way attached to the product. In fact they call it ‘Creme Egg Season’ on the Cadbury’s website :)

8. Purplecat says:

You could do that. Or you could do it the  awesome way.

9. timquinn says:

Cory, I think the trouble you are having could be traced to, well, you are supposed to chew it up before attempting to swallow. Let me know if that works out for you.