Resident Alien Volume 1: Welcome to Earth!

6 Responses to “Resident Alien Volume 1: Welcome to Earth!”

1. Garymon says:

From ’86 – 89′ I was in a band named Resident Aliens. I need to go check out this anthology.

2. Edward says:

Sounds great will have to find a copy.

3. Slartibartfatsdomino says:

I actually bought this when it was coming out in single issues. Fun story and I’m looking forward to more.

4. Thad Boyd says:

I’ve been enjoying Resident Alien since they ran the first few chapters in Dark Horse Presents (and I highly recommend Dark Horse Presents; it’s a reasonably-priced monthly 80-page sampler of 8-page stories and probably my single favorite comic right now).  Glad to see it getting some press.

5. Halloween_Jack says:

That’s an interesting comment about Elvis. One of the things that isn’t appreciated about Elvis is how transgressive he was for 1950s Memphis and the South in general because of the way he dressed, acted and sang–in particular, he would go to high school dressed in clothes from the Lansky Brothers, a Beale Street establishment that catered exclusively to young black men, and would get the crap kicked out of him, and he’d keep it up. I wonder if the indifference people showed, or made a point of showing, toward him has to do with the old idea that some people just filter out things that don’t fit in to what they expect to see, in the manner of the Gorillas in our Midst experiment. See also Lydia from Beetlejuice: “Well, I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: ‘live people ignore the strange and unusual’. I, myself, am strange and unusual.”

6. Prezombie says:

They said the second ‘season’ would start last fall, but there’s been no mention of it yet, is the series dead?