Skull wedding cake

Baker Anna at Eat Your Heart Out Bakers made this astounding skull wedding-cake.

Food artist Annabel de Vetten, also known as Conjurer’s Kitchen, created this incredible skull wedding cake for the Eclectic Wedding Extravaganza in Birmingham this weekend. Her theme being ” ‘Til Death Do Us Part”.

It features solid chocolate skulls of 16 carrion crows, 12 domestic kittens, 3 Vervet monkeys, and 4 barn owls, all of which the artist sculpted by hand. Made from White Chocolate Mudcake, the cake took her over 100 hours to complete in total. There are two options of toppers: a chocolate conjoined kitten skull, or dried flowers from an actual wedding bouquet (ones shown here from her own).

The Ultimate Skull Wedding Cake (Thanks, Emma!)

14 Responses to “Skull wedding cake”

1. robuluz says:

16 carrion crows, 12 domestic kittens, 3 Vervet monkeys, 4 barn owls,

And a paaaaartridge in a pear treeeeeee!

2. Chris Warren says:

Someday I hope to find that special someone to share an eye-socket with.

3. IndexMe says:

I can safely say this is the most horrific wedding cake evar. Unicorn pls!

4. John Smith says:

The crows are “carrion”, but the kittens are “domestic”. Bigots.

5. Richard Kirk says:

Every time I see signs like “the ultimate burger” or “the ultimate cheesecake”, it strikes me that ‘ultimate’ means ‘last’, and the only way they could do that is with poison. I have had “Death by Chocolate” cakes and they never managed more than a temporary maiming.

Here, finally, we have an actual ‘ultimate cake’. Pedants of the World, rejoice!

6. Bradley Robinson says:

While I admire the impeccable craftsmanship, creativity, and am certain this is a delectable cake, the subject matter leaves more than a lot to be desired.

I would rather bury this thing than look at it, let alone eat it.  Or call some municipal service and have then cart it away.

7. Sekino says:

That’s just gorgeous! And the conjoined skulls idea is just brilliant. I’d definitely share an eyeball with my husband :P

8. llazy8 says:

White chocolate isn’t chocolate.  Wants this cake in chocolate, maybe just white on the very outside to make the skulls look real.