16 Responses to “Supercut of all the alternate endings to the Animaniacs theme”

1. There’s baloney in our (oops!) slacks.
    That says everything that needs to be said about my past, present, and future.
     edited bc I’m a knob.

2. B E Pratt says:

My favorite Anamaniacs line ever was when Abe Lincoln was trying to come up with a good, punchy opening for his Gettysburg  Address. Rejected lines: “Friends, Romans, countrymen…..” and, the best, “I am a jelly donut…” That totally put me on the floor, knowing that NO kid and very few adults would get it.

3. mbaren says:

But that’s not “all” the alternate endings.  Actually, the video description spells that out pretty clearly, and then notes the ones it’s missing.

4. Bloo says:

Now we need a supercut of all of Pinky’s answers to the eternal question “are you thinking what I’m thinking, Pinky?”
    My favorite answer “I tink so, Brain, but where are we gonna get a duck and a hose this time o’ night?”

Animaniacs is the descendant of a hypothetical mating between Bugs/Daffy WB cartoons and the Rocky and Bullwinkle shows

5. Stefan Jones says:

You know how you’re supposed to be nostalgic for the cartoons of your kidhood?

I’m not. The Saturday morning cartoons of the late-60s / early-70s were mostly utter crap. Uninspired Filmation and  Hanna-Barbera work product. I watched some of these back when Cartoon Network ran old stuff, and dang, that stuff was appalling.

Kids in the 90s . . . oh, man! What a rich feast of inspired, lovingly created gems. That Dark Deco Batman cartoon was amazing. The Animaniacs and Freakazoid and other WB entries. Oddball and daring and artsy things from the revived Hanna-Barbera. Wonderful stuff that ran on Fox’s almost-forgotten Saturday morning lineup. (Remember Nightmare Ned, or Zazu U?)

• blueelm says:

This was my era. There was such an explosion of cartoons that a lot of us just went right on watching cartoons through our teens… and then onward. Seriously I think my favorite thing about the 90s involved cartoons.

6. Josh Michaud says:

Clicked on the Amazon link.. 100 DOLLARS FOR 3 SEASONS OF A SHOW THAT’S 20 YEARS OLD AND DVD!?!!? Super lame…

• Alex Jones says:

At least it’s available. You can’t get Histeria! anywhere, no matter how much you’re willing to pay.

7. Viktor says:

My favorite was ‘Kurt Cobainy’, sad it wasn’t included, but it is a great selection of them!

8. My kids have never had broadcast TV but they do have a complete collection of Animaniacs and Freakazoid to watch!