Apple removes Sweatshop iOS game

21 Responses to “Apple removes Sweatshop iOS game”

1. Well, we woulldn’t want young people to ask too many questions about where their iPhones come from, would we now?

2. Magnus Redin says:

A friend of mine has a horse week in his dutch restaurant De Klomp in Sweden. Facebook refused his advertising for horse dishes but eating horse meat in normal in Sweden.

3. vonbobo says:

apple is just full of great moves lately.

4. LearnIntent says:

Stop letting appstores rule you!

5. I have to be honest: whenever I see someone with an iPhone, I quietly assume they are a non tech-savvy newb who bought one because a family or friend or advertisement told them they are cool and they have to have one, but they don’t really use them beyond phone and facebook…most folks I see with iPhones tend to be older, teenagers, or live in the southern bay area.

I’m sure a dozen people will reply that they are an uber hacker whose jailbreaked iPhone controls their 100,000 strong botnet, but that still seems to fit most people I see with iPhones, esp. outside of silicon valley.

6. The problem is that Americans want to earn the most amount of money yet pay the least amount for goods. As long as that is prevailing mindset, we are always going to outsource our labor and the economy will keep tanking.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

By “Americans”, do you mean “humans”?

7. Marc45 says:

Apple Marketing Dept: Showing people how sweatshops operate makes us very uncomfortable but the antisocial and completely criminal behavior in Grand Theft Auto is just fine, thank you much!

8. horn5555 says:

If you are interested the game is available on the web as a flash game.  No need to have an phone.  A computer will do nicely.

9. Al_Packer says:

I’ve never owned an Apple product, and never will.  This rush to have the “latest, greatest” thing seems totally foolish.

10. stephenl123 says:

The developers claim their game is endorsed by Labor Behind the Label.  There is no sign of this on the Labor Behind the Label website.