Judge Death costume

11 Responses to “Judge Death costume”

1. gwailo_joe says:

That’s a pretty bad-ass costume.

That JD issue with the Four Judges of the Apocalypse seared itself on my pre-teen brain something fierce lo many moons ago…

Minotaur-skull-head was my favorite…(Disease, Despair, Desolation…I forget)

After awhile ol Judgie’s shoot-often-never-ask-questions Jack Boot vibe got old for me…but I remember the early issues (Death and Co specifically) rather fondly.

2. Eric Dobratz says:

So, BB is all for intellectual property rights (assumedly of the creators or by contract owners of a given character/franchise), but the advice here is to hurry up and grab one of these before they are shut down by the rightful owners of this character?  Whaa?
    You just lost all rights to complain the next time somebody or some corporation shits all over you by stealing your intellectual property to profit from it.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Lighten up, Francis.

• Eric Dobratz says:

But my OCD brain demands absolute consistency!

(and yeah, I know there are a lot of different editors etc…, but c’mon…)

I get that this is a creative masterpiece in an “uber-fan” sort of fashion.  The point where I lose steam in supporting the effort is when the molds or whatever were sold to someone who intends to re-sell it for profit (and ignore the rightful owner’s property rights).

• Frederik says:

Tested.com had a podcast about that recently, in it Adam Savage explains how these fan projects often work. The person making them does not have the official rights and yes they do sell some of the molds and porps but not for a huge proffit. The money goes to offsetting some of the huge cost involved in making these things. There’s no market here for companies holding the rights to these things. It’s a tiny group of super fans who invest their own time and money into making these replicas and props.

Selling those things might not be entirely legal but it’s not exactly morally wrong either.

3. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Perhaps we should try to get one for somebody attending the next Prenda law fiasco?