Creators remember Knightmare, the pioneering VR adventure show

8 Responses to “Creators remember Knightmare, the pioneering VR adventure show”

1. Tynam says:

Without question the most unashamedly difficult game show in the history of children’s TV, and arguably adult TV also.  (The only remotely similar adult game I can think of, Crystal Maze, was a cakewalk by comparison.)

I also can’t think of any TV show more beloved in my early teen years, or more influential in my later interest in game design.  Thanks, Tim Child, and to Hugo Myatt, who early on had to memorise not just a script but effectively an entire Choose Your Own Adventure book.

2. darrrrrrn says:

This was my favourite death out of the lot http://youtu.be/ciIfcYwI6Ps

• blondellebisho says:

my classmate’s step-mother makes $74/hour on the laptop. She has been without a job for 10 months but last month her pay check was $21478 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on  Fab99.c­om

• Purplecat says:

Ooh, nasty.

3. Little Mouse says:

I used to love watching Knightmare as a kid, though sometimes I’d have to hide behind a cushion when the floating “hunger” skull came on screen and started disintegrating.

It’s the first show I actively remember shouting at the tv as well as if they’d magically hear my “help” through space and time and do the right thing. I understood it wasn’t real and yet I just couldn’t help myself.

4. OrdinaryFrank says:

I used to watch this as a kid.  I don’t recall anyone ever winning it.   It was the Takeshi’s Castle of it’s day.  I’d fancy my chances more against the vortex and an angry Aspidistra way more than the skull of hunger…. “Warning Team!”

5. Dewi Morgan says:

Quarter of a century… ow.