David and I had a terrific conversation with Nick Harmer, bass player for Death Cab for Cutie. We talked about the state of home recording, great crime novels, the best places to use the toilet while on tour, and much more.
Nick provided a list of enjoyable books he's read while on tour:
- A Darkness More Than Night, by Michael Connelly
- The Cabinet of Curiosities, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (I dig the character Agent Pendergast)
- The Guards, by Ken Bruen
- Out, by Natsuo Kirino
- The Night Gardner, by George Pelecanos
- Print The Legend, by Craig McDonald
- In The Woods, by Tana French
- Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn [Boing Boing interviewed Gillian on Gweek 073 in 2012]
Nick says: "Pretty much anything by these authors is great reading. Other notable go-to authors for me include: James Ellroy, Elmore Leonard, James Sallis, and Walter Mosley to name a few."
Thanks to Soundcloud for hosting Gweek!