David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.

TAGS:

8 Responses to “Huge anamorphic sculpture of actor's face”

1. Talyah Keul says:

Kylie. if you, thought Lawrence`s blog is impossible… last monday I bought a top of the range Jaguar XJ since getting a cheque for $4762 this-last/five weeks and over ten k last-month. it’s by-far the best job I’ve ever done. I actually started 7-months ago and practically straight away started to make over $71… per-hour. I work through this link……….. ZOO80.ℂom

2. elrood says:

i knew him, or, he knew me, since i was a child.
    he was an amazing person.
    the kind you only meet a few times in a life time.
    the kidn that will be forever missed.

3. Petzl says:

Why is it so hard in these “Making Of” videos to do a shot of the completed piece (from the preferred POV), and then move steadily off that POV until the artwork looks like disjointed chaos?

4. Jonathan Roberts says:

Why not use a projector (or an I Pad with a wifi connection to the laptop) so everyone who’s working on the project can see the progress and put the pieces in the right place? You could have a split screen with the picture he used as a template on one side and the work in progress on the other. It just seems a bit inefficient to be going back to a little laptop every few minutes.

5. Hanglyman says:

I read that as “animatronic” at first. If only it could be both!

6. Alkwerte Alk says:

i visited his workshop once, it was impressing
    He was not only making theses enormous installations, he was also creating ” aquagravures”, which where a kind of bas-relied made of paper paste with ink incrusted

7. Actually, it looks like a bunch of men of colour did all the work while he told them what to do. Collaborative work should credit all of those involved, and the only name I see credited is Pras, the white, able bodied, male artist.

Beautiful work done by a bunch of beautiful, dedicated people.