Huge anamorphic sculpture of actor's face

NewImageArtist Bernard Pras built a room-sized anamorphic sculpture of Malian actor Sotigui Kouyaté's face from wood, branches, rugs, clothing, rubber scraps, and other odds and sods.

If you're not hip to anamorphosis, it means that the sculpture looks deformed unless you are looking from a very specific angle. (via Juxtapoz)

8 Responses to “Huge anamorphic sculpture of actor's face”

1. Talyah Keul says:

Kylie. if you, thought Lawrence`s blog is impossible… last monday I bought a top of the range Jaguar XJ since getting a cheque for $4762 this-last/five weeks and over ten k last-month. it’s by-far the best job I’ve ever done. I actually started 7-months ago and practically straight away started to make over $71… per-hour. I work through this link……….. ZOO80.ℂom

2. elrood says:

i knew him, or, he knew me, since i was a child.
    he was an amazing person.
    the kind you only meet a few times in a life time.
    the kidn that will be forever missed.

3. Petzl says:

Why is it so hard in these “Making Of” videos to do a shot of the completed piece (from the preferred POV), and then move steadily off that POV until the artwork looks like disjointed chaos?

4. Jonathan Roberts says:

Why not use a projector (or an I Pad with a wifi connection to the laptop) so everyone who’s working on the project can see the progress and put the pieces in the right place? You could have a split screen with the picture he used as a template on one side and the work in progress on the other. It just seems a bit inefficient to be going back to a little laptop every few minutes.

5. Hanglyman says:

I read that as “animatronic” at first. If only it could be both!

6. Alkwerte Alk says:

i visited his workshop once, it was impressing
    He was not only making theses enormous installations, he was also creating ” aquagravures”, which where a kind of bas-relied made of paper paste with ink incrusted

7. Actually, it looks like a bunch of men of colour did all the work while he told them what to do. Collaborative work should credit all of those involved, and the only name I see credited is Pras, the white, able bodied, male artist.

Beautiful work done by a bunch of beautiful, dedicated people.