1947 Cadillac with shower, kitchen appliances, bar, and hookah

15 Responses to “1947 Cadillac with shower, kitchen appliances, bar, and hookah”

1. Christopher says:

All that sounds great, but does it also have fins? I’ve always loved cars with fins.

2. oasisob1 says:

This car was also a CIA plot.

3. cstatman says:

ha   do THAT with your soulless fuel efficient hybrid!     STYLE baby,  he had STYLE

4. Boundegar says:

The hookah was for the enjoyment of tobacco, of course.

5. Doran says:

I saw this car once in the mid-late 60′s when I was a kid. It was in a restaurant parking lot across from the NBC studios in Burbank. Several friends and I waited on our bicycles for the better part of an hour for the two guys driving/riding in the car to finish their meal and come out. We peppered them with questions and begged for a ride. Alas no ride, but we did get a drink from the taillight water fountain. I remember a sign in the window mentioning the trip to non-stop trip to Alaska. We also thought it thoroughly awesome that the car had a working (black and white) TV inside.

6. jandrese says:

Truly the Cadillac of Cadillacs.

7. bruceburbank says:

The car is one of the centerpieces at the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park.

It also had a public address system like the Blues Brothers.

Some videos of it in action-

8. jackie31337 says:

Never mind the car, where can I get that bathing suit?!

9. Jardine says:

This is the type of thing Top Gear does every time they do a special road trip episode. Though Jeremy put his shower inside the car instead of outside.

10. TheOven says:

I wonder if this is the guy my Gramps was on about. He used to tell us about a fella that had tweaked the windshield wiper pump to dispense booze inside to the dash. Most likely it was actually a different system but if you hit the wiper lever you’d get rye.