Sweet, nostalgic film about a magic trick

R Paul Wilson sez, "I've just released a short film about magic and nostalgia. 'The Magic Box' is based on experiences and memories that many of us share and follows a handmade magic trick as it passes from one generation to the next."

This is as sweet as a sweet thing.

The Magic Box

15 Responses to “Sweet, nostalgic film about a magic trick”

1. schadenfreudisch says:

gawd i hate magic

• noah django says:

you hate magic?  that’s your response to this beautiful film, “gawd i hate magic”?  well, that’s constructive.  thank you for weighing in.

I’m indifferent to magic.  it’s cool I guess, but I don’t do it, nor do I go to magic shows or what have you.  my opinion about magic didn’t stop me from enjoying this film, though, but that probably has a lot to do with my ability to interpret facial expressions.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Indeed.

• Kimmo says:

ability to interpret facial expressions

Hah, pwnt.

Also fairly indifferent to magic tricks, yet this vid caused a lump in my throat.

Prolly because it actually has very little to do with magic.

• euansmith says:

I think, based on the original poster’s name, one must assume he or she was being obtuse for comic effect. The original comment made me smile, just as the film made me ever-so-slighty teary. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they are a curmudgeon.

I assume from your name that you have built and arc and have started on a journey of revenge against your vengeful God.

• noah django says:

in ’74, they were both really obscure names when moms named me.  now there’s a whole crop of Noahs that are all 15-20 years younger than me, and the popularity of my namesake’s music is exponentially larger than even when he was alive.  and now the whole Tarantino thing.  fucking rip-off, man.  as someone who attended 4 different elementary schools and 2 jr highs, I payed a lot of dues getting teased for these names.  they’re mine, dammit.

• Paul Williams says:

Noah. Number one rule: Don’t feed the trolls!

• and boxes, obviously.

2. Mr. Spocko says:

GREAT short film. As the kids would say, “Got me right in the feels.”
    I learned to make coins disappear to impress my nieces and nephews because my uncle did.

3. thomashodson says:

They’re not tricks, Michael, they’re illusions; tricks are something whores do for money…or candy