14 Responses to “Video about Judith, the strange pregnant "barbie doll" from 1992”

1. Stefan Jones says:

I vaguely remember another doll, from either the 80s or 90s, that went through puberty. That is, she started out as a big-girl doll, and when a crank was turned she grew a bit taller and her boobs popped out.

I’m not shitting you.

• Charles Henry says:

Sounds like what I have now, but you have to blow air into it to make the boobs pop out.

• Bonnie Ash says:

Grow up Skipper.  Crank her arm around and her boobs grew. Crank again and the chest went flat.  Must say it only worked on the dolls.  I tried this on the playground running about, whirling my 5th grade arms and nothing happened in real life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhTo4IarNg

• Yes, it’s Growing  Up Skipper, We featured that doll on They Actually Made That?! as well:  https://www.facebook.com/TheyActuallyMadeThat just scroll down a bit..

2. Peter Huestis says:

Hey, I’ve got one of those!

Please note that Pregnant Judith (“with a baby in her STOMACH”) comes not only pregnant, but also barefoot.

3. SamSam says:

It’s hard to tell from the choppy, one-handed video, but can you tell it’s a baby boy because it’s “anatomically correct,” or because it has a boy’s haircut? It strongly looks like the latter, which would make me wonder what a baby girl looks like. Pigtails?

4. gypsyspacemuffin says:

“Spring-loaded baby” is the most compelling phrase for me, here.

5. Michael Williams says:

But Barbie’s friend MIDGE is the one who got knocked up – though she had already married boyfriend Alan (Ken’s best buddy) and they both had the wedding rings to prove it. However, it didn’t stop parents from protesting the pregnant doll at the time. She also has a snap-off tummy with preemie baby, but not anatomically correct.

6. pjcamp says:

Comes without shoes? Looked like she came without feet.

7. My sister had that, it took all of my ghostbusters to contain and shut down the baby laundering business that was clearly happening.