Old ads for new underwear

26 Responses to “Old ads for new underwear”

1. GawainLavers says:

I confess, “no scratching metal slides” is definitely a feature I require in my underwear.

• icerunner says:

Never mind not having metal slides, I prefer to not have playgrounds in my underwear at all.

• dragonfrog says:

Now I’m concerned – what other features have I been taking for granted, that I really ought to be spelling out.

At times I’ll ask my wife, if she’s going shopping, to pick something up for me.  I might specify “three or four pairs of thin black cotton socks” – but not mentioning “the kind without scorpions in them.”  Too much ambiguity is just asking for trouble…

2. welcomeabored says:

The vocabulary I’ve heard men use in describing the misery of their steaming scrotums and their remedies for relief, have been creative (cursing), graphic (to the nth detail), and enthusiastically volunteered.  I have yet to hear any use a word so delicate as “wilt”.

3. bcsizemo says:

On the “Are Your Panties Up To Date” one at first glance I thought it said Dildo Sales Co….my first thought, oh how ironic.

4. icerunner says:

I think we’re lucky it’s not Microsoft asking if your panties are up to date, else many ladies might be inconvenienced by their panties automatically updating at the most inappropriate moment.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Sounds like HuffPo’s front page.

• rattypilgrim says:

Huffpo is a tabloid but I’m sure you’ve noticed how it and other websites have been ripping off BB articles the last few weeks to give some edge to their lameness.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Actually, I’ve seen a suspiciously large number of stories that were covered on BB show up the next day in the Daily Mail. None of them were exclusive, but they were quirky enough to make me take notice.

5. folkclarinet says:

“Just as nature intended”??????? Pa-HAH!!!!

6. vonbobo says:

“Note Illustration —>”

(Just look at it!)

7. Nadreck says:

I wanna “Separate  Sack Suspension” system!  I’m tired of all those other systems that just mash “the boys” together.  Something that “lifts and separates” would be a welcome change.

8. Peter Huestis says:

Surprised nobody posted any of those wonderful “I dreamed I was [engaging in incongruous activity] in my Maidenform bra!” ads. Here’s a good Pinterest collection: http://pinterest.com/coutureallure/i-dreamed-i-was-maidenform-bra-ads/

9. Nell Anvoid says:

Lordy, life is complicated enough without having to keep my day-of-the-week knickers organized.

10. Antinous / Moderator says:

I’m disappointed that this post doesn’t auto-play The Stripper.

11. chgoliz says:

Sporty enough to share?

Those 1950′s women sure were kinky.

12. pjcamp says:

I sure could use me a spare sack.

13. kmoser says:

Somebody should visit the addresses formerly (?) occupied by these companies and interview and photograph the current tenants.

14. knoxblox says:

“A pleasure to wear and sporty enough to share”.

Share? Ugh.