Read more in Music at Boing Boing

David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.

TAGS:

7 Responses to “Pedals: music video about musical effects pedals”

1. Guysmiley says:

Incredible stuff, I’m not huge into EDM but Jack’s enthusiasm for it has me grinning like an idiot when I watch his latest videos. And the guy who built the hexapod and the guy who built the animatronic head are both fascinating, glad he put out a “making of” video that highlighted their talents.

2. robjmiller says:

You guys know this is an ad for Electro Harmonix, right?

edit: Well, maybe not since “Vox Wah” is included, but I know Conte has done EHX ads in the past.

• turnstyle says:

fwiw, it’s not an Electro-Harmonix ad — I actually first spotted it because I subscribe to Jack’s YouTube channel.

• esquire says:

He does have a bunch of EHX pedals, but there’s definitely at leas one Boss pedal in there which would be weird in an EHX ad.

Tangent: if you’re showing off all of your great pedals but have no Moogerfoogers, do you really want to show off your pedals?  J/k – great song/video.

3. Andrew S. says:

Right, because the best way to educate people about the recent resurgence of quality analog and digital effects is to put it to some stupid video that uses synths for the music. Bleah.
    EHX is doing some pretty good new circuits, with awful QA, and Boss has basically shit the bed for going on 8 years.  There’s way better builders out there doing outstanding new circuits.

• turnstyle says:

It’s not an educational video. It’s a song and a music video by Jack.

Some folks seem angry that he has been experimenting with Ableton recently, but I think a brother has to follow his creative intuition.

4. toobigtofail says:

Thanks. I’ve been a fan of Jack and Natalie for some time now.
    They have way too much fun.