Oral surgeon's quest to reimagine the garage-band guitar

11 Responses to “Oral surgeon's quest to reimagine the garage-band guitar”

1. John Smith says:

There are almost no not ugly parts to these guitars.

2. Charlie B says:

Ha!  I have a silvertone acoustic!  My friend Jehan refuses to work on it, although he keeps our other guitars (which aren’t exactly high-end machines) in shape for me.

3. Pope Ratzo says:

The headstocks are cool, but that overgrown horn makes the body look like a five-year old’s rendering of an electric guitar.

Danelectro and Vox guitars were pretty.  These guitars are not pretty.

If you really want to see the garage-band guitar re-imagined, look at the low-end guitars from diPinto or the high-end guitars from Fano.

4. EH says:

Mosrite Precision Paul

5. momus_98 says:

“…the first thing I’d do is go to a pawn shop in the worst part of town…”

No, gosh, no! I always advise people to go to pawn shops in the more affluent areas of town. Rich people have better stuff to shed.

6. winkybb says:

Those old cheap giutars do not have “magical tones”. Distinctive in their thin-ness, fret buzz and/or lack of proper intonation they may be, but magical-toned they are not. Their appeal lies elsewhere.

7. Ladyfingers says:

I’ll stick with Cort. Amazing necks, excellent construction, great tone, massive range of features, and half the price of a major brand guitar.

8. Gabriel Meister says:

I can’t hear the words “oral surgeon” without thinking of this video dating skit from SNL from when I was a kid — NEEDLEMAN:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkwult_saturday-night-live-needleman-the-dentist_fun#.UZBzM9VsPQo

9. James Cash says:

Love these.  I have seen some of these in a
    Gainesville
    Pawn Shop

.  I should’ve picked them up when I had the chance.