Patrick "Electric Sheep" Farley returns with a new webcomic: Steve & Steve

9 Responses to “Patrick "Electric Sheep" Farley returns with a new webcomic: Steve & Steve”

1. Avram Grumer says:

Is this line art? Does Jones have some inside skinny on Farley’s technique? I read the comic the other day, and it looked to me like Farley used as 3-D CGI program and then ran the output through some Photoshop filters. Maybe there are some flat photographic backgrounds.

• ifriit says:

I’m guessing that’s the case.  Specifically, the figures look like Poser people.  Kind of unfortunate, IMO; after seeing the sketchbook section Stefan Jones linked, it’s clear Farley can draw but chooses not to for all the larger projects I’ve seen.  But I’m kind of of the opinion that all Poser art looks pretty samey and residing in the uncanny valley.

• Ghostfucker says:

It’s obviously CG. Unless Cory simply meant that there are lines in it; his assessment is mistaken. I think it’s pretty ugly personally.

2. Stefan Jones says:

No idea, Avram. Even if I asked and got an answer I wouldn’t understand; my knowledge of photo manipulation stops at cropping and resizing and maybe adding labels.

Farley has a “sketchbook” site where you can leave comments:

3. Tim Noble says:

That’s not a ruined geo-dome, it’s a perfectly functional jungle gym. But go on with your story.

• Stefan Jones says:

Hah! I hadn’t thought of that. There were geodesic jungle gyms in space-themed playgounds when I was a kid.

But the characters think it is an abandoned dome.

4. Richard Lack says:

I just checked out The First Word. Mind Blowing.

5. dexitroboper says:

I wish he’d finish Apocamon.

6. He kind of lost me when “Woz” does acid. He’s pretty outspoken and honest in his never having touched the stuff. Might as well make them gay lovers if you want a nerd fantasy with as much accuracy.