Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Compton, Lonzo Williams and the Wreckin' Cru

By Ed Piskor at 6:37 am Tue, May 21, 2013

Read the rest of the Hip Hop Family Tree comics!

Read the rest of the Hip Hop Family Tree comics!

Published 6:37 am Tue, May 21, 2013

About the Author

Hip Hop Family Tree is in stores. Pre-order Hip Hop Family Tree book 2 on Amazon!

More at Boing Boing

A very brief history of pier fires in England

These monuments to Victorian decrepitude dot the shores of England. They go up in smoke with alarming regularity, writes Rob Beschizza.

The Art of Fred Gambino: Dark Shepherd

Fred Gambino has worked as a diverse illustrator and artist, providing sci-fi book covers for publishing houses and high-profile concept art for a wide array of television programs, films and video games.

6 Responses to “Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Compton, Lonzo Williams and the Wreckin' Cru”

1. Elijah says:

As a fan of Mr. Piskor’s work I made an interactive page based on the family tree to show more clearly the links between folks and when they came into the stories.

It’s missing a couple of the more recent folks but some may find it a neat way to browse through the archives.

• Rusty Shackleford says:

That is awesome!

• noah django says:

I remember it from when you posted it in the Ed Piskor interview’s thread.  great work!  based on his reaction then, I thought that it would get integrated into the HHFT posts, but it never happened.

what gives, Ed?  it makes browsing the strip much more intuitive than “prev/index/next”

• Elijah says:

I’m flattered by your enthusiasm but I think the web design is more BoingBoing’s ballywick than Mr. Piskor’s.  I’m lucky both he and they have been supportive of my page in the past – something I don’t think they’re obligated to do – so let’s keep things positive.  :)  Thanks for the kind words, though!

• Ed Piskor says:

Yeah, I’m definitely stoked on the interactive family tree too. For my part, I take 7 days a week to put these strips together so I leave the tech stuff to the editors.

• noah django says:

yeah, sorry–I don’t really know anything about web dev but I never thought you were coding the pages or whatever.  didn’t mean to imply that.  I just hoped Elijah’s thing could be passed on to the staff who builds the page at BB.