Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Ice T's First Record and Uncle Jamm's Army

By Ed Piskor at 6:38 am Tue, May 28, 2013

Read the rest of the Hip Hop Family Tree comics!

Published 6:38 am Tue, May 28, 2013

About the Author

Hip Hop Family Tree is in stores. Pre-order Hip Hop Family Tree book 2 on Amazon!

More at Boing Boing

Paintball Sentry Gun vs Toddlers - no contest

This week in Gadgets, Fark's Drew Curtis joins us to share stories about his awesome non-lethal home weapons arsenal. Brought to you by Pluralsight, the world's largest tech & creative training library

Maker Mayhem: Low Moments in How-To History, Part 8

Burnt Matchstick Easter Decorations: When celebrating the Resurrection means looking no further than your ashtray. By Matt Maranian

18 Responses to “Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, Ice T's First Record and Uncle Jamm's Army”

1. Carpeteria says:

Paul F. Tompkins approves.

2. kpurcell says:

Can we please turn off the video noise overlay? It’s getting annoying. I said please?

3. et50 says:

Why play your music in room full of white people? Because it’s the only way to get appreciation or any kind of notice if you’re not white. Look at BoingBoing – all white, all the time (well, 98% white at least) .

• tré says:

Some of my first comments here were critiquing BB’s limited music tastes. If history rhymes, your about to  learn a lesson or two in “sensitive blogger sensibilities.”

• Niklas Theelder says:

Nope, no backlash. The lesson is he’s correct.

• tré says:

Correct has little to do with blogger scorn.

That said, in the instance I was referring to, I made the mistake of mentioning by name a musical act who are super best buds with one of the editors. Oops. #sorrynotsorry

• Antinous / Moderator says:

We’ve infringed your God Given Right™ to insult our friends on our site.

Oh, the humanity.

• tré says:

Right, I forgot that remarking that “maybe you cover a certain band a lot all the time and we get the point by now” is totally insulting the people, and the music, and the blog. Just insult all over.

I mean, who do I have to buddy up to around here so BB can become *my* band’s PR department (and then consider it a personal insult when someone points that out)?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

BB is a personal blog, not a public utility. They write about their interests.

• tré says:

You’re right, they do post about their interests. And then I commented on one of those posts, as a reader (y’know, those pesky things that make the difference between “another blog” and “successful venture”) who had simply gotten the point that the band in question existed. Of course, I did so without knowing they were besties with the poster. Then, the poster took it personally and made a much bigger deal of it than it warranted.

Fast forward to this thread, were I simply alluded, quite vaguely, to this incident, at which prompting you decided to declare these past comments as “insults” (regardless of the overwhelming likelihood that you don’t even know to which comments I am referring, let alone the nature of my words).

So, I gotta ask, man: what’s your beef? Where did I go so terribly wrong? Daring to question the frequency/taste of a Boing Boing subject? I hope it’s not that; it’s pretty petty and happens so frequently that if it is said beef, you could open a chain burger joint. “Insulting” your friends? Well, that didn’t happen, so it would be pretty disconcerting if that’s what your malfunction was. That would be imaginary beef, which, as a vegetarian, I can tell you is probably not what you want either. So what, exactly, is the problem?

• Vinnie Tesla says:

Huuuh? Black people don’t like things? Black people don’t like things made by black people? What are you even saying?

4. devophill says:

Wow, I’ve never heard of that movie at all. IMDB hasn’t either! Awesome.

5. noah django says:

ayo, i heard that dude chris the glove taylor was like mad reckless on the wheels.

6. MattAtDoyle says:

Daniel Sofer worked for Oberheim and got the nickname “Perfect Tommy” from the Unknown DJ.