How a Mexican drug-lord dines out

43 Responses to “How a Mexican drug-lord dines out”

1. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Hey guys, we’ve got a VIP coming in to eat. Don’t worry, though, it’s not the daughter of a high powered state official or anything, so no need for alarm…

2. That’s a rather old rumor. But given how he has managed to remain undetected, there  must be something to it.

3. millie fink says:

Sounds like he knows how to heighten a romanticized image of himself among the plebes.

4. Tim Lynch says:

I wonder what the ensuing Yelp reviews would be…

5. Christopher says:

“There’s a small, but distinct, possibility that you will be seriously wounded or even die a violent death tonight. You may be completely innocent and have no connection to The Boss, but we regret that you may be caught in some crossfire. On the plus side your meals have all been paid for.”

6. jaduncan says:

“That’s when you order the surf and turf”
    Fly not too close to the sun, Icarus.

• Nell Anvoid says:

Methinks the Boss wouldn’t notice. Mealsothinks the Boss never sees the bill. All part of doing business…so its deductible.

• jaduncan says:

I was more making the point that if I could have any food I wished fully paid, I might dream wilder dreams than the surf and turf.

7. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

How to make people poop themselves and charm them at the same time.

8. robgarcia says:

Will “the boss” also be paying for my soiled pants?

9. Navin_Johnson says:

I would almost endure this for a perfect taco.

10. peregrinus says:

I bet spending an entire meal staring at your plate and nothing else limits the appetite.

• GEOKLV says:

Gee… how darn lucky people are Stateside and further below… Not that mafia isn’t hands on all over the world, but in the Americas (both continents)… well.. you have promoted the trait to a whole other galaxy… no wonder why all futuristic films like Mad Max actually portray the decay at its finest in an American scenery… Cheers and good luck folks… no offense (and I’m sure that you shall all reply “non taken”), but such comments like this one are pretty much spontaneous… Signed – Sealed – Delivered: a bewildered citizen from Europe…God bless…

11. William Farrar says:

You know, A good free meal where I am free of being bothered by my cellphone every 5 minutes isn’t a bad deal… assuming I survive.

12. hardcase says:

Cartel Blanche.

13. stillcantfightthedite says:

For Christ’s sake, Guzman, check the kitchen!

14. Mercher says:

So everyone gets to be implicated in the drug trade…. Paying everyone’s bill somehow makes it worse – for me anyway.

15. LinkMan says:

“I’ll have a thousand grilled cheese sandwiches.  And 300 tuna fish, and 200 BLT.”

16. Frank Lee Scarlett says:

Actually, my thought was “How very Stalinist!” The only difference being that Stalin, known for his white-knuckle,  8-hour meals that commenced at 11pm, and featured forced inebriation and performance (folk dancing) by the demand of Fearless Leader, was far too paranoid to hold his dinners away from the Kremlin or this Dacha.

Apparently this cat has quite the security deal, he’s an unrealistic optimist, or he’s managed to achieve a universal terror without decades of purges, deportations and intentional famines. And that is terrifying.