Nine Inch Nails' new single, and all the prior ones too

11 Responses to “Nine Inch Nails' new single, and all the prior ones too”

1. Madeline Ashby says:

Wow, BoingBoing, if you wanted me to marry you, you should have just asked.

• JPlattim1933 says:

Just because NIN never made a song that was even close to “upbeat”
      (well, except for Starfuckers, maybe :D ) doesn’t mean they “all sound
      the same”. There’s a reason that Trent Reznor was, for a time in the
      ’90s, regarded as some kind of an heir to David Bowie by some people –
      not least of which David Bowie.­ ­http://mybestfriendmakes65dollarsper&#46qr&#46net/kkEj

2. penguinchris says:

I thought this was going to be a sly joke about them all sounding the same.

• Well, that would be a pretty stupid joke now, wouldn’t it?

OK, I’ll grant you that the last few albums (excluding “Ghosts”) all have a somewhat samey, synthpop-y sound to them – but “Pretty Hate Machine”, “Broken”, “The Downward Spiral” and “The Fragile” all sound *radically* different.

Just because NIN never made a song that was even close to “upbeat” (well, except for Starfuckers, maybe :D ) doesn’t mean they “all sound the same”. There’s a reason that Trent Reznor was, for a time in the ’90s, regarded as some kind of an heir to David Bowie by some people – not least of which David Bowie.

3. Matthew Urso says:

pretty sure they just remixed one of their boring songs from 5 years ago

4. xzzy says:

It annoys me far more than it probably should that the tape player clearly isn’t playing the same song that I’m listening to.

5. Joseph Francis says:

I hadn’t paid much attention to Vevo until recently, but it just introduced me to Ivy Levan’s debut song, ‘Hot Damn’

Thanks, Vevo.

6. Kimmo says:

Pretty minimalist clip.

I like the tape deck; ‘CIRCUIT DIAGRAM AND SPARES INSIDE’ – sweet.

A bit of tech nostalgia there, perhaps?

7. bnschlz says: