A User's Guide to Neglectful Parenting, by Guy Delisle

12 Responses to “A User's Guide to Neglectful Parenting, by Guy Delisle”

1. Elliottw256 says:

Your sponsored post with the Toyota is wholly inappropriate and will damage the credibility of the rest of your posts as well as BoingBoing in general.

Is Apple paying for Rob B’s posts? What will it take to get Corey to endorse cool skull jewelry? Or has that already happened?

2. DreamboatSkanky says:

That is adorable.  Wishlisted.

3. peregrinus says:

That looks fantastic.  I totally had this same episode with an emptying jar of the only crunchy peanut butter I like, except I yielded to honesty and suffered the distressing consequences.

4. Alan says:

As a child of neglectful parents, I can’t wait to get my hands on this book.

5. chgoliz says:

Oh, god, yes.  For me it was usually chocolate, though.

• rocketpj says:

At some point our kids will realize that the ice cream seems to vanish really fast, given that they only have some once in awhile.

• peregrinus says:

And inevitably come to the awful (and only partly erroneous) conclusion that all grown-ups are mean, even the nice ones.

Which accusation I was assaulted with at 10pm last night, whilst trying to convince a sleepy school-goer of the benefits of a good night’s sleep.

Benefit #1 Daddy gets to eat something

6. rocketpj says:

The painful part he doesn’t mention is when you do give in, sacrifice some of the last of your favourite thing, then the kid spurns it and leaves half of it on the plate/in the bowl.

• dragonfrog says:

… because the milk made it go soggy, somewhere between the second and third departure from the the table to work on jigsaw puzzles.

7. Ito Kagehisa says:

If I turn disqus scripts off in noscript, I can see whiny comments in here that aren’t otherwise visible.  I got a good laugh out of the “Toyota sponsorship kills boingboing’s credibility” one.